Status
Nattak\'d
Title: Equipable Umaro
Version: 1.1
By: Gi Nattak
apply to a FF3us 1.0 ROM
Header and No Header patches included
Download

Description: Allows Umaro to equip armor and weapons just like any other character. All the other non-equipable characters remain the same, just Umaro is equipable. Note that there are no weapons or armor that Umaro can equip by default, so you will have to do that with FF3usME. Also Umaro will not have his equipment removed from the NPC on the airship. I did not include that fix with this patch because event code can change from hack to hack.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I needed this man thnx

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
any chance of getting an updated link or anyone that has the patch to host it?
  Find

Status
None
I'm not sure about this particular patch, but if you don't care to do it manually...

Code:
0031E6E    C9 0D
0031E83    C9 0E
0034D6F    C9 0C D0 04 A9 24

Those offsets are from a headerless rom, change that stuff to:
Code:
0031E6E    EA EA
0031E83    EA EA
0034D6F    EA EA EA EA A9 20

No, I did not write this code, just typed in what I had wrote down in my notes. The name on the read me that came with the patch (which I can't remember where I got from) was "T.Geiger".

This also lets every character (meaning Bannon, The moogles, Leo, etc) equip, well more so unequip stuff. Pretty sure change at 0031E6E deals Armor/Weapons, 0031E83 deals with Relics (which Umaro can equip anyway), and 0034D6F deals with letting everybody equip an Esper.

Boils down to, use any and all information provided by myself at your own risk. Good luck. Sorry I can't provide better help.

Now that I look at it, you may be able to only change 0031E6E to C9 0E to let only characters up to Umaro equip gear, but I'm just guessing.

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
(08-23-2012, 05:22 AM)DruidX Wrote: any chance of getting an updated link or anyone that has the patch to host it?

Yeah I'll re-upload it, sorry about that.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(08-23-2012, 03:48 PM)Catone Wrote:
Code:
0031E6E    C9 0D
0031E83    C9 0E
0034D6F    C9 0C D0 04 A9 24

The first address you gave is for changing the equipment. Changing 0D to EA means that any character can be unequipped, including Biggs/Wedge/Leo/Banon/Ghosts. Even Kefka (with the handy Paladin Shield in the WOB).

The second address you provided is for allowing relics to be unequipped. Umaro and Gogo can equip relics. Changing 0E to EA means you can unequip relics from Biggs/Wedge/Leo/Banon/Ghosts. Or even Kefka.

The last address you posted has to do nothing with equipment, but instead only handles the specific skills of each character. Changing all those bytes to EA in that last address might make Bad Things happen.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
so thats the mistake this dude made hmm

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
The last line being EA'd removed the check for opening the Esper Window, as in it was never grayed out, for any character, regardless if I had any Espers or if that character had a magic menu at all.

I played to just before the... Esper Cave (took a break long enough to play FF4 on DS and can't think of the proper cave name) with this and a whole gaggle of other changes and the only bug I found was that you couldn't open the menu if you had one of the temporary Ghost in your party without crashing (I could fight just fine but had to get rid of any ghost before I could use the menu on the phatom train).

In other words, other than being a bit over kill about removing all restrictions on accessing the menu to equip/remove armor/relic/Esper, it worked fine as far as I could tell.

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(08-29-2012, 05:49 AM)Catone Wrote: The only bug I found was that you couldn't open the menu if you had one of the temporary Ghost in your party without crashing (I could fight just fine but had to get rid of any ghost before I could use the menu on the phatom train).

Bad things happened, lol. What if this happens while you have leo in your party?

Again, the last line that you changed is unnecessary for the objective - to make Umaro equippable.

Status
None
Okay, first off the both of you need to actually read the whole post before you climb up on your high horse. I DID say that the line in question was directed toward being able to equipping Espers, NOT dealing with equipping GEAR. I also said the exact same thing Angelo said in his post, about what each line actually done, except you still found it necessary to re post the block of code and re-explain the exact thing I had just posted explaining what that code did, yet I was wrong and you were right.

Then you start insisting on the fact that the last line of that code is "bad" or just plain "evil", YET neither of you have a single clue what it actually does, still, its bad because I posted it. Do you even realize what your saying? "Don't change that, its bad." How the hell would any hacking ever get done if everybody just avoided certain lines of code just because one person jumped up and said "don't touch that, it breaks things".

As far as the menu crashing, I also had several other things on that game, like the patch that lets any character change all menu commands from the status screen (which does cause a few other cosmetic glitches)... WAIT, I've already mentioned this fact as well (the part about not knowing if this change or another change actually caused the ONE crash. But of course this is a "bad thing" and I should be chastised for posting it when neither of you have a fricken clue what that line does and neither of you have actually tested it... which again rolls back around to the point that everybody else must be wrong because your the only one that can be correct, and if you don't know it, how the hell could anybody else know it?

Look, I don't question your ability to hack. I don't question how much you know, either of you. However, I do see a trend around here (this not being the first time that folks here made the ASSumption that just because they don't THINK it is right, that someone else posted it so it must be wrong, and there is no disputing the fact because your to busy telling others how wrong they are to actually go test the damn thing yourself and um... maybe, just maybe, learn something new.

If this is the sort of group you like to have, then I hope you enjoy your own company, because that's all your going to have.

Last but not least, if you even read this whole post, which doesn't seem to happen very often around here, I don't mind being corrected. IF I am actually corrected on a point by someone that actually knows what they are correcting vs just saying "that's bad, don't do it" and then continuing to say that... heaven forbid you actually look into something before you post about how correct you are.

That's my rant, now you can go back to living in your own little worlds, and I'll waste my time somewhere else. Have a nice day,