Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Script Rewrite (Final Draft) Underway!

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 14
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
(03-10-2023, 03:02 AM)Joshua H. Wrote: Fast moon, would your dialog editor create the same problem you describe in your previous post?  Moving the pivot?

It shouldn't.  Mine holds the entire dialogue table in memory while you're editing it and then recalculates all the positions before saving it, which is why saving is a two-step process: one to commit your changes to the table stored in local memory, and the second to recalculate all the addresses in the updated table and save them back to the ROM instead of trying to do it on the fly with every change you make, which is likely what FF3usME is doing.  The limitation of my editor is that it doesn't give you that nice dialogue box preview to know whether what you've written is going to overflow onto a new page.  But it should be cross-compatible with any export files to/from FF3usME as long as you haven't expanded or moved anything dialogue-wise.

If you're editing event code, that gets a bit dicey if you're using a tool, and I'm not sure how FF6Tools handles it.  I do all my event editing manually in a hex editor because there's too many dependencies concerning specific memory locations and such to be comfortable relying on a tool that obfuscates that.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Script Rewrite (Final Draft) Underway! - by Fast Moon - 03-10-2023, 08:30 AM