Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Script Rewrite (Final Draft) Underway!

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Welp, I've hit a major roadblock in the patch. The changes I've made to the game hold up fine until Setzer hands control of the Blackjack over to the player. I want to stress that I haven't been deleting ANY NPC sprites in my latest attempts. Only removing dialog captions. This mostly involves dialog captions inside the Blackjack and Falcon while changing party members. I've got around 3,000 to 3,500 bytes left. So I can always adapt my script to include those lines that have been removed. Although, I won't have enough room to replace both the lines involving party change and the lines used during the event between Cid and Setzer on the Blackjack...I'm willing to keep the CId & Setzer event blank for now, because I have plans on removing it completely in the future. I'll have to adapt my script to avoid ANY changes to the Blackjack at all, and maybe the Falcon as well.

Panda, did you encounter anything like the game crashing on you while you were making changes to the Blackjack/Falcon for Divergent Paths?

I'd be grateful for some assistance on debugging this .ips file from any of the senior members after I'm done with this project since that and raw hex editing are where my current understanding still requires the most education.

I'm dedicated to completing this project and feel it's within the range of my abilities to achieve a working .ips file for the community.

Thanks for everyone's time and consideration while I continue learning.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Script Rewrite (Final Draft) Underway! - by Joshua H. - 03-09-2023, 01:39 AM