Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Script Rewrite (Final Draft) Underway!

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Yeah, I got carried away. I’m constantly worried about running out of bite space.

I do want to remove sprites eventually, but I know it won’t be a deal breaker when I release version 1.0 of the patch. Cid’s event on the airship with Setzer is a waist of text. And, I’ve removed event triggers without any problems. That lets me bypass simple events. But Cid’s event is rather large. It involves a sprite trigger and event trigger on the map. That’s just one example. The other sprite would be the one hidden up in the trees of Jidoor, right next to the mansion. There are a few more I’d like to get rid of (2 or 3 more).

I’ve been able to make progress with all the other changes I’ve made. I just wasn’t expecting to hit this obstacle involving sprite removal. It’s forced me to redo my work editing the ROM at least twice now, because I haven’t been saving my edits. I’ve learned my lesson, I’ll set sprite removal aside for later.

Any chance I could get some help later on? After I’m done with version 1.0? Hex editing from scratch is the only thing I don’t have a good understanding of yet… That and axkas…
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Script Rewrite (Final Draft) Underway! - by Joshua H. - 02-05-2023, 07:43 PM