Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
New FF6 hack in discussion...thanks for any feedback.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Got it, thanks Panda. Yes, I agree that the artists who worked on this game may have been lonesome, but there’s quite a bit of adult content in FF as a franchise in general. I can take my FF either way, censored or uncensored, but I think it’s important to allow for the art to speak for itself most times...

I’m running into a hitch with my wishlist. I’ve been looking into a brave new world (BNW) and beyond chaos gaiden (BCG). I’ve noticed something called the fanatix tower hack??? Is that an extension of beyond chaos or is it a solo patch?

My hitch stems from a desire to provide extra content for the new game + with the possiblity of adding the Kaiser Dragon from GBA/BNW...I’m not sure which would be more realistic: placing Kaiser on the island/cave it shows up in during GBA or putting Kaiser at the top floor of the Fanatix Tower in (what I assume is) the BCG hack.

The GBA location could be modified by allowing access to it only via. the Green/Blue Chocobo that I mentioned at the very beginning of this thread. But putting him on the top floor of the Fanatix Tower is just as compelling. I’m assuming I’d have to harvest code no matter which option I go with, but I’m still not exactly sure where to go looking for either of them...at any rate.

This is basically an open statement. Any creative feedback is welcome, even from new comers to the scene.

The gist of my wishlist build goes something like: Divergent Paths (DP) to clean up the plot points. Ted Woolsey Uncensored (TWU) to bring it in line with conventional norms. Brave New World (BNW) in order to rebalance the level/combat system in general. Finally, adding a New Game Plus option after all 8 of the dragons have been defeated (with a new Clyde sprite added if all his dreams have been viewed (congruent with DP’s alternate ending)), and possibly an “optional” Fanatix Tower (placing the GBA Kaiser Dragon at it’s top floor).

The last tid-bit would be to bring in the overkill.ips patch and assign it to the Atma and Ragnarok swords respectively, along with the Ultima spell. In that way, only those three “items” would be able to inflict overkill.

I know that’s a mouth full, and I may not be able to pull something like that off, but that’s the general idea...one project at a time I guess.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: New FF6 hack in discussion...thanks for any feedback. - by Joshua H. - 03-24-2022, 11:53 AM