Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
New FF6 hack in discussion...thanks for any feedback.

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Divergent Paths uses almost every byte of free space. It does not play well with other patches. I didn't do much to the compressed graphics, aside from switching out Raiden with Leviathan. My recommendation to get the graphics uncensoring in is to use the editor that allows you to change out monsters and espers. Export the graphics from a rom patched ONLY with the uncensored graphics, and then import that image into Divergent Paths. I thought about doing this myself, but as explained before, I think that the censoring for Espers and Monsters was done in very good taste. I think some of the artists were just... horny... when they made this game. The "censored" graphics fit the style of the original so well that you'd never know they were censored without a side-by-side comparison.

The main thing you'll run into with the restored ability names is that I have relocated the spell descriptions to allow for additional descriptions to be added for the 10 new spells. You'll need to look at the rom map on the wiki to find where the pointers are. From there, you'll be able to follow my edited pointers to get to the block of code with the descriptions.

For adding in the TWU script, it's best to do this manually in FF3usME. Export the script from an untouched rom, then the script from TWUE, and do a comparison of the 2 in Notepad++. Where you find differences in TWUE, navigate to that same text string in Divergent Paths and change it.

So, lots of manual work, which is the nature of FF6 hacking. Patches just go to a direct address and change bytes. They can't find a chunk of code and replace it. Any time code has been relocated, which is a practical necessity for FF6, patches will conflict with each other.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • Joshua H. (03-24-2022)

Messages In This Thread
RE: New FF6 hack in discussion...thanks for any feedback. - by PowerPanda - 03-23-2022, 06:34 PM