Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
I've been meaning to play this game for quite some time now and accidentally stumbled upon the world of ROM hacking. This has been the most definite version of playing FF6 for me. The amount of bug fixing and script revising has been fantastic. I took a peek at your website just to see the amount of work that has been done to retouch the script and wow, it's a lot!

I know some people has high regard for the Woolseyism of the original game but seeing as I didn't really play the original back then, I was perfectly fine with this. I tried playing other romhacks of this game but I always miss the way dialogue flows from this one. I'm sure I'll get over it one day, heh.

I do have a minor nitpick, nothing game breaking and I'm sure that it might be present on the original US release:

When re-visiting Zozo after "rescuing" Terra, talking to the man near the Inn will trigger the same dialogue even when Terra is your controlled party member.

Quote:Man: "A girl flew up to the top floor, right in front of my eyes!"
PC: "Flew...? It must be Terra!"
Lastly, like protopizza said above me, during the Vargas fight with Sabin, it wouldn't teach me how to use the Raging Fist input.
In any case, thank you for this wonderful hack. I can see why some consider FF6 their favorite. Cheers.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Xezcente for this post:
  • SilentEnigma (10-08-2023)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition - by REDTITAN - 10-12-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition - by Xezcente - 10-04-2023, 11:10 PM