Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I notice Hatzen's Rage & Sketch Expansion doesn't seem to work on this. Save game loads fine, but as soon as a battle starts, there's no time to even enter a battle command before it blacks out. That's with just this patch & the Rage patch on the rom, so it's obviously the Rage patch causing that problem. That incompatibility would rule out this great patch for me, alas, since I use Hatzen's patch to go into USME & configure each monster with 4 commands (with Battle & Special part of the algorhythm so those don't need to be put in as commands), then I enter those commands in the scripts so the monsters use them, and they're also used in rage & sketch. Very time-consuming but rewarding process that I need R&SE and also USME for.

I'm not even sure if USME can be used with this overhaul. I recall having some problems before with that; can't remember now whether it was Reynolds' bug fix comp and/or some other huge overhaul, but making changes with USME and then saving corrupted the game instantly. I was able to get it to work with the Relocalization overhaul somehow. I think I had to go into a hex editor & remove Dr. Meat's personalized rom header, then I was able to use USME as much as I wanted, at least on his 1.3 patch; after that, he made changes that permanently ruined the usage of USME. I haven't tried to use it yet on ROSE, because I want to clarify the R&SE problem before I get into it further. If anyone knows anything about any of this, pls let me know. Thanks.

Edit: possibly fixed by applying this patch *on top of* R&SE. At least the first few battles are working now. Now, if I find out I can use USME, then I'm good to go on this patch, it seems for the moment anyway.

Edit II: It bombed out when rages were used in battle. Alphabetical rage didn't work either. Forget about using Rage patches on this. It seems to be one of those overhauls where you don't add additional patches or do any editing & just play straight up vanilla. I'm sure it's fun enough on its own, but I do so much USME hacking with rage, sketch, monster/item stats, names, etc that I can't use this patch. I'll stick with old reliable Relocalization Project 1.03, which has handled all the various patches I've thrown at it (except CV's bug fix, which is too comprehensive to be used on anything but a clean rom) as well as extreme USME editing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition - by Dev J - 03-29-2021, 11:24 AM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition - by REDTITAN - 10-12-2021, 02:26 PM