Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF4 assets aplenty, was there a hack?

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Moog
(01-28-2020, 10:32 PM)JWhiteLXXXIX Wrote: i made iv monsters for rotds, fiv rules man

Didn't mean to insinuate otherwise, I like FF4 too.  I got on this goose chase because I've been playing an FF4 hack and I really hate the 16x16 overworld sprites.

I'm playing around with some sprites right now, splicing submissions by MetroidQuest, yourself, Pocoloco, and the BeyondChaos randomizer with rips from RecordKeeper to get a roster that feels authentic to the FF6 artstyle.  There were a lot that were good in the sprite database, but some of them were using FF4 battle sprites and the Yang that was available wouldn't have suited my purposes.

I think I'll set up a file with combat and sprites, to see what I can do with them and if my ideas work out in execution.  If it amuses me, I'll see about cobbling stick-figure sprite equivalents to the FF4 bestiary.  Still, don't get your hopes up that this'll grow into a real hack... even if I do end up doing something with it it'd likely not live up to expectations; I like to reinterpret and swap out characters and given FF6's 4-character party limit I'd have to significantly alter and shorten the scenario.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
FF4 assets aplenty, was there a hack? - by C-Dude - 01-28-2020, 09:17 PM
RE: FF4 assets aplenty, was there a hack? - by C-Dude - 01-29-2020, 09:37 PM