Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Planing a return

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
So here's how the routing for Divergent Paths works, in case you want to use the finished product.

Thamasa:
Celes and Locke's reunion takes place aboard the ship during Leo's speech. Banon is also present due to some re-scripting in Vector. He needs to be there so that he can confront Kefka later on. Here's the dialogue.

==================
LEO: We're almost at Crescent Island. When we disembark, we'll split into two groups, each with a General and a Returner.
CELES will take LOCKE and Banon. TERRA, by your leave, SHADOW and I will accompany you.

LOCKE: No way! I promised I would protect TERRA!

TERRA: It's okay, LOCKE. I'll be fine. I think we can trust him.
Besides_ I'm not the one who needs you right now_

CELES: Um, I_

LEO: What General CELES means to say is that she returned to the Empire to help Cid dismantle the Magitek program.
LEO: This mission, this peace_ It's all thanks to her.

LOCKE: Celes_

(Long pause as Locke and Celes walk toward each other)

LEO: Right. SHADOW, Let's be off!

(Leo, Shadow, and Terra walk off the right side of the screen. Terra pauses to look back at Locke and give him a head nod)
==================

From here on out, Leo takes Locke's place for all of the events on Crescent Island, including protecting Terra during the initial confrontation with Yura and the Espers. I re-purposed the Runic introduction from the TunnelArmor to the Flame Eater to establish both Leo's and Strago's gameplay. Leo can protect everyone from the flames by absorbing them with Runic. Strago's Lores bypass the Runic blade. Terra can heal them, as long as Runic isn't set. (IMO, it actually becomes a really fun battle.)

When Kefka attacks the village, the Espers use their last ounce of power to create the Illumina (it was established with both the Atma Weapon and the Ragnarok that this is possible as an alternative for Magicite). Banon, upon taking the sword, becomes super strong for his final battle before Kefka kills him. As a side-note in the WoR the Illumina is gained from Banon's grave by having a character equipped with the Paladin Shield "talk to" the grave stone.

World of Ruin:
Leo is recruited in Zozo. He's writing letters on behalf of all of his soldiers who died when Kefka destroyed the world. Cyan is recruited in Doma with the Dream Stooges quest. Cyan's SwdTechs are learned by having Cyan (not Sabin) take Gau to meet his father. It just worked so much better to have CYAN try to teach Gau manners.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Planing a return - by Catone - 08-13-2019, 11:10 AM
RE: Planing a return - by PowerPanda - 08-13-2019, 03:56 PM
RE: Planing a return - by C-Dude - 08-13-2019, 05:51 PM
RE: Planing a return - by Catone - 08-14-2019, 09:57 PM
RE: Planing a return - by Imzogelmo - 08-27-2019, 11:19 AM
RE: Planing a return - by C-Dude - 08-28-2019, 04:10 PM
RE: Planing a return - by PowerPanda - 08-29-2019, 10:20 AM
RE: Planing a return - by C-Dude - 08-29-2019, 08:35 PM
RE: Planing a return - by PowerPanda - 08-30-2019, 11:06 AM
RE: Planing a return - by Catone - 09-01-2019, 08:49 PM