Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Modifying the "Runic Forever" hack

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
Quote:Hey HatZen, it seems as though your patch changes the identifier of the Retort (56 hex/86 dec) attack to the Pummel (5D hex/93 dec) attack. I'm curious why this change was made or if it was intended to be another identifier?

Internally, $B5 is used as the command identifier and $B6 is used as the command selection. For the retort sword tech, the sword tech command ($B5) is $07 and the sword tech selection ($B6) is $01 (retort).
$00 is dispatch, $01 is retort, $02 is slash, $03 is quadra slam, etc.

At the mentioned code at C2/4CC3, when the retort flag for counter attack is active, the code will queue the sword tech/retort command activation. Later, $3A7A will became $B5 and $3A7B will become $B6. However, in this specific case, $B6 will be the mentioned value minus the first sword tech spell identifier. In short, $08.

The issue is that the sword tech/retort command was designed to toggle the retort flag for the counter attack. In the original code, It makes no distinction if the retort move was queued by the fighter menu as a command or by a physical attack as a counter attack.

Instead of wasting an extra variable to determinate if the retort was triggered by the menu or by a counter attack, i used $B6 to determinate it. If $B6 is $01, it is the retort spell triggered by the menu. If $B6 is $08, it is the retort spell triggered by a counter attack. Instead of only one special case of retort for both menu and counter attacks, I split it in two special cases: one specifically for the menu and other specifically for counter attacks.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to HatZen08 for this post:
  • dtgenji (09-23-2018)

Messages In This Thread
Modifying the "Runic Forever" hack - by dtgenji - 09-19-2018, 10:40 AM
RE: Modifying the "Runic Forever" hack - by HatZen08 - 09-22-2018, 10:25 PM