Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
IOS Portraits for SNES (Finished)

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I will have to play around with it some more and I'll get the hang of it eventually. 
I realized I created a problem. During my initial tests, the one that my description of how the squeezing 6 guests into 2 slots works, I only originally modified the 6 Strago Ghosts as 0E (save time before goin all out). So recruit 1 would add the chosen character as guest 1 and recruit 2 would then change Relm to one of the six Ghost 2s. So Everything was working as intended. So finishing it up and moving the Relm Ghost2 to 0F/Ghost2 it doesn't want to work if it's on 0F. It won't shift to the second guest slot with a second recruit now, but won't modify Relm either (so that parts working). Or perhaps it is still working and just failing to add 0F to the party but still changing 0Fs data. It's likely just a simple offset change that needs done and the 08 is changed to 0F all the way through on each of the 6 Ghosts.
For now I've isolated Wedge/Banon/Ghost 1 to 0E and Biggs/Leo/Ghost 2 to 0F without it trying to shift to the next character during the recruit. That does allow any combination of sprites and fully solve the issue of having 2 copies of the same character properties existing on different slots, but it's still a temporary solution. This temporary method is working 100%.

CB/AB1F: B2    Call subroutine $CAC5C1 (set CaseWord bit corresponding to number of characters in party)
CB/AB23: C0    If ($1E80($1A3) [$1EB4, bit 3] is set), branch to $CBAAD9
CB/AB29: DE    Load CaseWord with the characters in the currently active party?
CB/AB2A: C0    If ($1E80($1A7) [$1EB4, bit 7] is set), branch to $CBAB4E

-I suspect the problem of making it properly move to the next character slot has to be in this somewhere which is not modified at all. Works properly with 08 but not 0F. 

I suppose I could move Umaro to 0F, move guest 2 to character 08, and shift the rest of the cast to the right and it would properly add guest 2 to the party again. It would also allow access to your chosen Guest 2 at the party select screen. I'd just force the Rage Ring and Blizzard Orb into Umaro's relic slots.
But if I'm gonna do that I might as well move both Gogo and Umaro to Merit Award/Imp either 0E/0F or 0F/0E  (which is correct? for allowing Gogo to equip anything if I eneable equipping of the Merit Award Slot?), and allow slots 0C/0D to be the ones that can hold each of the guests so you can use the party select on them and it would be Gogo and Umaro that you would add by talking to them. Talking to your guests would just determine who is the active 2 characters for 0C/0D.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14GhxPB_...sp=sharing
Here's the temporary method working. The only changes made to it at this point are
1. Dialogue changed so it's not Sabin/Cyan speaking
2. Wedge changed to palette 04 so he's the higher ranking soldier
3. characters sandbox around the airship
4. I fixed the issue of Strago/Relm NPCs being temporarily deleted on guest recruits.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
IOS Portraits for SNES (Finished) - by NeroTek - 06-29-2018, 01:32 AM
RE: IOS Portraits for SNES (Finished) - by NeroTek - 07-21-2018, 01:19 AM