Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
IOS Portraits for SNES (Finished)

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Well, on the upside, you've finally figured out a mystery that I've never seen answered, which is why the Battle Data and OAM data has 2 copies of the Imperial Soldier.

In order to tie an NPC to an event, you need to tie them to an event bit in the 500 or 600 block. There isn't a disassembly that lists which of those bits affect which NPCs, or more importantly, which ones are open. However, when I get around to coding the hack that dummies out the party break-up from Cyan's dream, there will be 24 NPC event bits that are guaranteed to be available. (Note: I've already coded this hack, but I have it embedded in about a dozen other changes I made to that scenario for my Definitive Edition hack. I need time to separate it out from the rest.) All you'll have to do is decide when to set those bits. On the plus side, you can choose to clear those bits when you recruit the guest to your party, so that they don't show up in the airship anymore.

As for your question on clearing out the guest profile data, you just have to code up a subroutine to do it, and have that subroutine run before you add a new guest to your party. You probably won't be able to get away with just copying the ghost recruitment scenes; you'll have to do a bit of your own tweaking. Here's what your event will look like.

SUBROUTINE
1. Copy Property $24 to Character $0E (Replaces Guest 1 with blank property 36)
2. Copy Property $25 to Character $0F (Replaces Guest 2 with blank property 37)
3. Remove Character $0E from Party 1
4. Remove Character $0F from Party 1
5. Refresh Objects
6. Make Character in Slot 0 The Leader
7. Position Character in a Ready To Go stance
8. Set all of the NPC Event Bits.
(note that I chose properties $24 and $25 because (a) they are unused, and (b) I am working on a full roster hack that will shift Banon and Leo to $22 and $23. This will assure compatibility should you choose to add that hack at a later date.)

RECRUITMENT
1. Call Subroutine to clear out the profiles
2. Do the event as you have it written.
3. Clear the NPC event bit corresponding to your guest.

Also, as a final note, you are going to need my sprite expansion patch. Otherwise, these characters will graphically glitch out when riding Chocobos or Magitek. You can find the patch at:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread...l#pid36256

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Messages In This Thread
IOS Portraits for SNES (Finished) - by NeroTek - 06-29-2018, 01:32 AM
RE: IOS Portraits for SNES (Finished) - by PowerPanda - 07-20-2018, 11:51 PM