Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
IOS Portraits for SNES (Finished)

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I completely forgot about Cyan's Dream, but it makes sense that it would mess up. I know from experience of force adding Leo with different methods.
I know I wanted to do everything on my own, but I need help finding a way to add a piece of code so that when you access the party select screen it clears Guest 1 and Guest 2 data back into character 29 (the one inbetween Fake Mog and Maduin with 0 stats with daggers equipped in each slot which I'm pretty sure everyone starts as).
Like i previously mentioned, if 2 characters with the same properties/class are ever in 1 of the 16 slots existing at the same time, they still function perfect but become imperial soldiers in combat for their sprite. So let's say you were using Leo in Guest Slot 2, you opened the party select screen to clear it and add different normal members, then recruit Leo as your first Guest in Guest Slot 1, he would appear as a soldier in battle because Leo/General already exists as Guest 2 also, even though you're not using him there. Easily fixed by say recruiting Biggs as Guest 2 so only 1 copy of General exists again. But a check at the party select screen to return both guests to character 29 would completely solve this issue.

Since I'm new to rom hacking and don't know any technical terms or how to isolate this into an IPS patch, a more detailed explanation of how this works to choose 2 of 6 guests is below.

Checks to see if there's a free slot in the party
-No: Displays party full message
-Yes: Checks to see if Guest 1 is in the party
--No: Adds selected character to first free slot as Guest 1
--Yes: Checks to see if free slot in party
---No: Guest 1 removed. Able to add new Guest 1 (this was unintended. ideally it would just replace with new Guest 1)
---Yes: Adds selected character to first free slot as Guest 2
--- If Guest 2 is already Guest 1, moves Guest 1 to Guest 2 freeing up Guest 1
--- If party is already full with a Guest 2, replaces Guest 2

I may replace the inferior Ghost #2 with the rumored Kappa the Imp. It went something like if you equipped a character with all the imp equipment, turned him into an imp and named him Kappa he would become a permanent character. Don't need 2 unnamed Ghosts. And Kappa can be my dedicated Jumping Dragoon.

And about coding my own events for the airship, the 6 guests appear as soon as you get the Falcon. I don't know where to start for making actual recruitment events to make these characters appear other than linking them to the recruitment of one of the main characters. But if say Leo is linked to Terra, then he won't appear until you've recruited Terra to the airship, but when Terra is in your party she is not on the airship so neither is Leo.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
IOS Portraits for SNES (Finished) - by NeroTek - 06-29-2018, 01:32 AM
RE: IOS Portraits for SNES (Finished) - by NeroTek - 07-19-2018, 08:55 PM