Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
IOS Portraits for SNES (Finished)

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Actually I almost have the Leo/Banon done. There's just a few things I need to figure out and can't seem to locate a couple addresses I need to change. It does replace Gogo and Umaro. Palettes for the world sprite I've got figured out, thanks to your info long before I joined, tested with a save before recruiting them. Leo is properly Palette 0 as Umaro. Also chocobo riding sprites are done (but again art isn't my strong point, there's always better ones).
Maybe making this much of an edit to the mimic and yeti class directly is more work than I think.
For my workaround, I can normalize Gogo and Umaro's behavior (normal battle entrance, no mimic menu, no berserk) by making them pull their character properties off the real Banon and Leo (Priest and General), this also changes their displayed class on the menu when using the translation patch. If I do it this way, all I need is 2 addresses to change to allow everyone, including guests to be able to equip espers and change equipment. I'm aware Guest 1 would use Merit Award and Guest 2 would use Imp equips, but that's irrevelivent, since Banon and Leo are puliing their equips from the characters they replace. I remember seeing a thread somewhere about where and what to change to CF or C7 or something like that to enable all characters to do this (or rather unequip guests), it was very simple, but the esper part had a side effect of the ghost freezing right before the  phantom train if you didn't dismiss them first. Maybe you can help redirect me to that. As a finisher I'll have the real Guest 1/2 slot replaced with Biggs and Ghost 1. Biggs using Merit award equips and ghost only able to use Lich Ring and imp equipment so no stat penalties. But I need to relocate this thread. with those 2 simple address changes.
Also, Leo is palette 0 for the party world/battle. But what program do I use to actually change his NPC sprite to 0 for the airship and yeti cave?
*Edit, if it helps I think it was Catone that provided the 2 addresses for accessing the menus on anyone in this lost thread I once saw and it ended with an argument. I'm not even sure it was on this site.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
IOS Portraits for SNES (Finished) - by NeroTek - 06-29-2018, 01:32 AM
RE: IOS Portraits for SNES (Finished) - by NeroTek - 07-07-2018, 07:43 AM