Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
GrayShadow's 'Giving Gogo Magic' code

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(04-18-2016, 11:20 AM)DrakeyC Wrote: C0/A21D and C0/A224, I have 3C1E instead of 281D like you do.

The first code block I posted is from Gray Shadow's code, the known Blitz RAM byte is $1E3D. $1D28 is original RAM byte, but in your hack it is used by Umaro's magic. So basically you reverted that change to what it is in original game and now you have a RAM conflict in $1D28.

What I tried to explain is comparing the bytes of first two code blocks, first from your ROM and second one from the original game. Looking at them I see no difference except what should be changed, the two instances of that RAM offset. Second thing you'll sooner or later need to do is setting a breakpoint where I described ( after C0/D68D at the A6 in A600BF98F4E6 <- search for this). You'll need to run that piece of code to see why Sabin learn 3 Blitzes instead of two. If you're still playing with your old ROM and never restarted a playthrough after applying the ASM file, you should consider starting one because for obvious reasons everything will be broken.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: GrayShadow's 'Giving Gogo Magic' code - by madsiur - 04-18-2016, 02:22 PM