The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Messing with maps...

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Okay, all what i know about map issues is that there's a bug that happens when you try to do some real change to WoR submaps(dunno if world map too) and then you need of reallocate somehow(don't remember the way, it should be in another thread the solution) those maps to make work things out.

Despite that, i also know that there are still heavy restrictions on how much you can edit maps and, except some unused map, you can't add new ones.
I have some question:

1) I believe new maps won't be my problem, yet it might be useful understanding how it works all that stuff, i mean... the limit is because all space allocated for maps in rom is almost completely filled, so the limit is bypassed after you add few tiles, right?

2) i thought that a block of bytes was reserved to each map and also "empty" tiles were counted to that limit, but back to some task i made months ago i remember that replacing void tile with another one was enough to exceed the limit.
Say a map is big 32x32 tiles for each layer, then i thought the limit was the sum of all possible tiles, including the ones left void (max = 32x32 x layers) but it looks like the max allowed is based on tiles which have a shape... is this the answer?

3) It might depend on previous answer, anyway...
how map limit actually works? say for example that all existing maps take 3 banks of space... around 3 x FFFF bytes, each worldmap takes 2000(hex) bytes, big submaps 1000(hex) and so on...
When the limit is actually bypassed?
- When the sum of all maps space is greater than the space used to allocate all maps;
- When one map bypass his own limit of max space(adding too much tiles to that map) ;
- both the previous 2;
- totally different reason? Finger

4) what i'm actually aiming at is knowing if it's possible to erase some map, i mean... clearing all tiles of that map and redraw completely that map from zero, in the case, according to the rules i have to follow, i wonder if i'm allowed to do that, until i respect the previous limit of tiles...?

5) what if i clear all the tiles of that map and i use them as extra tile space for another map?

6) i don't have took a sharp look on FF6LE editor, so i dunno if there's a way to do that... in any case, is it possible to increase/decrease the size of a map?

7) Assuming you clear a bunch of tiles and shrink some map, may that allow you to add a new map to the list? probably it would require to increase of 1 the number of total maps(i guess it works in that way) and so adding a pointer too
and finally create that new map, without allocate more space than the previous one...?

PS. don't remember if i had some other question, i post those ones for now...

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Messing with maps... - by Tenkarider - 07-11-2015, 12:05 PM
RE: Messing with maps... - by Catone - 07-12-2015, 09:57 AM
RE: Messing with maps... - by Tenkarider - 07-12-2015, 11:09 AM
RE: Messing with maps... - by madsiur - 07-12-2015, 11:30 AM
RE: Messing with maps... - by Tenkarider - 07-12-2015, 03:21 PM
RE: Messing with maps... - by Gi Nattak - 07-12-2015, 03:31 PM
RE: Messing with maps... - by Catone - 07-12-2015, 03:35 PM
RE: Messing with maps... - by Tenkarider - 07-12-2015, 07:11 PM
RE: Messing with maps... - by Catone - 07-12-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: Messing with maps... - by sleepydude - 07-13-2015, 06:25 PM