Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dragon's Den... It's gonna happen

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
(03-08-2014, 07:18 PM)Madsiur Wrote: Now looking at that offset in the event dump will giving you the detail of the event, that you can also lookup in a hex editor to understand better.

Dumb question but what do I do to get the offest info or the event dump?

(03-08-2014, 07:18 PM)Madsiur Wrote: The party selection is done with event command 99:

Code:
99 : 4    : Invoke party selection screen (A groups). Forced party members in bitfield B/C.

So I guess 99 03 00 00 would allow 3 parties to be selected. If not then look up the Kefka tower event on the WOR map and you'll get your answer.

The party switching is made by activating an event bit:

Code:
CA/03B3: D2    Set event bit $1E80($1CE) [$1EB9, bit 6] (Enables party switching with the Y button)

So if I left the Dragon's Den entrance as the Phoenix Cave, would I need to reinsert this event bit? Or simply change it in the hex to require 3 parties?

(03-08-2014, 07:18 PM)Madsiur Wrote: For Cyan's dream, by removing the corresponding event triggers. As for Hidon I'm not sure how and when the cave appear but it's also a map event that can be removed/edited.

Do I do this in Hex and FF6LE for Cyan's dream? How do I know which event I am looking for?

And as for the Hidon there's also an instance where I believe Strago's old friend is injured because he went after the Hidon. How do I take that out to avoid the prompt? Any idea where that event would be? Or am I suppose to make the event think I already finished it? And how?

(03-08-2014, 07:18 PM)Madsiur Wrote: Note that you have some empty maps that can be used to make an extra dugeon, I'm not sure if there is enough of them to have the Dragon's Den.

Thanx I'll look for those. Any idea where some are?

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Dragon's Den... It's gonna happen - by Royaken - 03-08-2014, 06:24 PM
RE: Dragon's Den... It's gonna happen - by Cyprus - 03-08-2014, 06:55 PM
RE: Dragon's Den... It's gonna happen - by Royaken - 03-08-2014, 07:29 PM