Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ASM hack: improved Gale Hairpin; please help

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
(03-03-2014, 09:00 PM)seibaby Wrote: By the way, Synchysi, did you ever get around to commenting and collating the bugfixes and tweaks you coded for BNW? I'm still waiting to see that Sketch code and many other cool things you've done. You've done some astounding work on FFVI and I'd hate to see it locked away in an ips file. It would be cool to see some of your bugfixes released as standalone patches. Off the top of my head, the Heal Rod targeting, earrings not affecting healing spells, the poison counter not resetting with removal, etc.

I haven't. I'm an exceptionally lazy person. Sweat

The only one I've actually put out for public consumption is the esper restrictions hack. I still intend to clean up the rest, but I don't know when I'll get around to doing so.

(03-04-2014, 09:51 AM)seibaby Wrote: I tried abandoning the approach to check for $3C44,X altogether, and instead put in a check for bit 5 of $11D9 directly (that is, instead of checking for a matching item number in either relic slot, I just check for bit 5 of $11D9). This works in a strange way: if the party leader has a Gale Hairpin equipped, the entire party will gain Initiative. If a character has Gale Hairpin equipped but is not the party leader, it has no effect at all.

If I get a chance, I'll poke around at this later and see if I can figure something out.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: ASM hack: improved Gale Hairpin; please help - by Synchysi - 03-04-2014, 10:09 AM