Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI SNES Woolsey Uncensored Edition

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Slattery was good but many people glued to Woolsey's script like its the best thing since sliced bread. I used Woolsey's script as the base so its still for the most part that. I probably would say 80% is still his and I didn't want to stray too far from it.

For that line Terra says about Sabin, I added in "I thought he was a bodybuilding bear that strayed from his gym." By doing that, the "think a 'bear' like me can help in your fight?" line makes more sense. Plus it keeps the Woolsey charm. The lines that censored certain things made more sense to add in a Slattery, RPGOne, or Darkstar line. For example, the whole business with the Statues/Warring Triad/Warring Gods. I had to read those lines over and went with Slattery's Warring Triad and referred to them as gods in the script. This clears up the confusion as to what the Statues were in Woolsey's original.

The famous lines like "call me a treasure hunter or I'll rip your lungs out" and "Son of a submariner" aren't changed but things like when Edgar greets Kefka in Figaro is "What brings Kefka, humble servant of Emperor Gestahl, into our lowly presence?" in the original is now "What brings Kefka, humble servant of Emperor Gestahl, to my humble castle?" He's a king and his greeting is to an ally. Some character names where fixed as well. Madonna is now Madeline, Vicks is now Biggs, Matron is now High Priestess, the Impresario on the Phantom Train is now Conductor.

I really went line for line looking at the script with the GBA, RPGOne, and Darkstar's scripts opened up to read along with. It was like reading one of those study Bibles with 4 different translations (usually KJV, Amplified, NIV, and NLT) side by side in one book. Go ahead and try out my version. I don't think you'll be disapointed.

It's now version 1.1.
Final Fantasy VI - Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition

(Edit - Disclaimer if you're reading this on a seperate message board, my version 1.1 of this is old at this point and folks should be using the current release on RHDN)!

Experience is the benchmark to maturity.

Final Fantasy VI - Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1386

Final Fantasy IV - Namingway Edition:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2337
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI SNES Woosley Uncensored Edition - by Xenovant - 06-29-2013, 03:31 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI SNES Woosley Uncensored Edition - by Rodimus Primal - 07-11-2013, 12:40 AM