Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 "Choose your own Adventure" style

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey, you probably don't know me, and that's fine 'n all, but I'm a remnant of the past from when this site was just starting, and I have a suggestion for your hack that would make things probably a million times easier...

Instead of rewriting the code so that you could introduce more choices into the game; why not just script the events and make every event possible but only allow the dialogue to show the options?

For example:
Say your protagonist is talking to some stranger, and he has an option that goes like this:
Will you go to West Town to save your friend, or will you go to the Evil Cave to save your family?
West Town
Evil Cave

And say you select West Town. Both the events for West Town and the Evil Cave are scripted into the game, and can occur regardless of the protagonist's choice, however the dialogue, based on the option chosen, steers the protagonist towards the event selected (say only provides info on the event for West Town)

You get what I'm suggesting?
Anyways, yeah, just a suggestion...I'd totally understand if you would want to make a solid, legit hack that has no holes, but if that's your goal, seriously, good luck Smile

Whelp. I still remember this place 13 years since first joining   Laugh
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: FF6 "Choose your own Adventure" style - by NeoBahamut - 03-25-2013, 06:29 PM