Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
FF6 "Choose your own Adventure" style

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Well, this is hardly going to make screenshot of the month, but I've completed my basic planning for the hack! In the interest of not giving away the entire plot(s), I've blacked everything out except for the beginning portion (Not that I think it matters; given the quality of my writing I don't believe that anybody would be able to read it anyways Laugh ). I tried to make it as intricate as possible with many different paths to choose, but also many ways to arrive into many particular scenarios, albeit with different stats, items, party members and classes? picked up along the way.

https://www.ff6hacking.com/misc/imgshk.png/

This is pretty hard to see Hmm , but if you zoom in you can make some of it out...

The coloured squares and circles are markers for where two plot threads join up. Or just the transition between two pages.

I decided to strictly limit the true endings you could arrive at to ten, as I wanted to make the endings each satisfying in their own way. I figure that if I tried to allow the game to end at too many points, it would end up being either "and then Kefka died for this reason" or "and then you solved this minor problem and lived a long and happy life 0:-) *blatently ignores more important things like the world exploding*". Some endings are harder to arrive at than others, and there is a "Golden" ending in addition to these ten, which would be virtually impossible to arrive at in one playthrough. I have some ideas for that one which may or may not work out.

I'll get around to the starting the actual editing fairly soon, so that I'll have something more interesting to show for myself than circles, lines and blacked out squares (that are hard to see to boot).

Confused Moogles FTW

Messages In This Thread
RE: FF6 "Choose your own Adventure" style - by Lockirby2 - 03-22-2013, 08:34 PM