Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Restored Ability Names

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
Hey Angelo26, I was wondering if you could help me with something. I love this patch, and darkmage's improvement patch, and want to use both together.

Using your patch last just undoes some of the work in the improvement patch like the title screen, GBA font, etc. and corrupts the graphics.

But if I use your patch first, add a header, and then use the improvement patch, things are much better. The VI title screen is there, as is the GBA font, but there are oddities in the script, and some Magitek commands glitched and others are renamed Jazz (I only played to the first battle).

I can use your patch with random patches from the improvement patch with no problems, so what I'm thinking is that one (or more) patches from the improvement patch moves things or something as to cause an incompatibility.

Now, I could download every patch (aside from the ones darkmage made himself, unless those are available separately too), apply them one at a time and test with your patch, then, if I find the problem, create an anti patch if one isn't available for use with the improvement patch... which would be extremely time consuming...

I just need to know if this is the best way of doing things. If there is an easier way, or if you know what may be causing the problem, please let me know Smile

I really want to use both patches, I can't choose one over the other.

Thanks in advance!

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI: Restored Ability Names - by DFireX2 - 10-31-2011, 07:09 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: Restored Ability Names - by pjmcphee87 - 11-01-2011, 07:23 AM