Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Restored Ability Names

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
The issue is not with the font...The three top reasons why I don't include the item names under the patch is because:

1. Item quantities are not displayed for some reason
2. Item names are cut off by three letters in battle
3. Edgar's tools command gets messed up in battle

See the issues here:
http://slickproductions.org/forum/index....pic=1489.0

I could try going for 13 letters instead of 16, and maybe it would work...

I also spoke with lord J about releasing a ff6usME version that recognizes this patch and makes it easier for people to edit names under usME. I will quote him on his response:

Quote:"Hi Angelo26, this is definitely possible. I've had to implement at least one name expansion in the past and the process relatively easy, though the rigorous test cases are long.

I haven't started thinking about the road-map to FF3usME v6.8, but if the community wants it, then it shall be done.

I'll be contacting you somewhere in December for more info. I really hope to tie a few loose ends that keeps me from starting 6.8. Darn it, it's been some 6 months since I wanted to get this going!

Lord J

It means I probably need to make any updates pretty soon before he starts working on the new version.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI: Restored Ability Names - by DFireX2 - 10-31-2011, 07:09 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: Restored Ability Names - by Angelo26 - 11-30-2011, 10:10 PM