Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Reconstruction of Doma

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
MysticLordDo you mean a standalone hack that's just this, or some sort of event sequence in addition to the normal game?

I wonder how hard it would be to make certain field maps part of save ram, and to create event commands to modify maps...

I did mean this in addition to the normal game, for an endgame sidequest

(04-20-2021, 03:19 PM)PowerPanda Wrote: To set clear expectations, this would be a major hack, and it would not be possible without an expanded rom. You will need new NPCs, new maps, and quite a few event bits. There are certain event bits that will replace tiles in a map with modifications. It would have to be done through event code, and while it is not terribly difficult, it takes a lot of space, as you have to define a new tilemap within the event code, tile by tile. Moving NPCs is something I did with Divergent Paths, as I allowed you to recruit a crew of 5 people aboard the Falcon. It's a lot of event editing, and you will need to duplicate each NPC and assign 2 event bits to each one (one for displaying them at location A, one for location B). However, it's doable.

So yes, you can, but it will take a long time. The issue is not the technology, but the available space.

Ah, good to know! Where would I find extra space? I read in the Cyan’s Uneventful Dream patch that it opened up ~1300 bits, is that useable for event hacking?
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Reconstruction of Doma - by Jeff - 04-19-2021, 06:31 PM
RE: Reconstruction of Doma - by MysticLord - 04-20-2021, 06:45 AM
RE: Reconstruction of Doma - by Jeff - 04-21-2021, 11:53 AM
RE: Reconstruction of Doma - by PowerPanda - 04-21-2021, 12:53 PM
RE: Reconstruction of Doma - by PowerPanda - 04-20-2021, 03:19 PM
RE: Reconstruction of Doma - by SirNewtonFig - 04-21-2021, 01:04 PM
RE: Reconstruction of Doma - by Jeff - 04-21-2021, 01:50 PM