Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
In general, assume Divergent Paths is NOT compatible with any hacks as-is. The changes may be understated, but they are everywhere. Since I worked on an unexpanded rom, much of the free space used by other hacks is used. For example, the MMMMMagic changes live in C4, as does the WoB minimap. The new music track (Leo's Theme) is in C3. Here is what I can tell you about the ones you mentioned:

Docile NPCS - Already implemented
Decoupled Color-Coded MP Digits - I think this might already be in the rom. If it was included in CV Reynold's Bugfix Compilation, it is there. Otherwise, Imzogelmo's version is there.
Soft Reset - Dang it, I forgot to implement that one! This one will probably work.
Cancel Button Dash - Might possibly work? I have "run by default" with the B Button making the character walk (custom code used only in DP). If this patch completely overwrites my code, it will work. Note that there are no Sprint Shoes in Divergent Paths, so half of this effect is lost.
Restored Ability Names - Has maybe a 10% chance of working? I moved the magic descriptions and changed a number of ability names (IE - Health became Morph, and the 10 new magic spells overwrite the Desperation Attacks. I wouldn't bet on it though.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • SilentEnigma (07-09-2021), SSJ Rick (07-10-2021), SuziStriker (07-23-2021)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition - by PowerPanda - 07-09-2021, 11:42 AM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition - by REDTITAN - 10-12-2021, 02:26 PM