Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Very cool to see more love coming from this game. I'd like to see how you handled certain Woolsey-isms as you had said in the Read Me that it was painstaking for you to remove any of them. That was something that I argued with folks over at RHDN who wanted me to make the script more literal and remove them for TWUE. They were also suggesting that I remove exploits like Vanish Doom, something that every improvement patch including this one patches up. That's something I fully intended never to do.

A LOT of those improvements are things I wanted to add to TWUE over the years and its great to see it now implemented. I'm curious if it would be possible to even do now that my own project was built from older patches. For instance, the longer item, spell, and monster names (along with the character classes) that you reworked from angelo's old patch would be one. I know you used some of the extra space in the font to expand things, something that I tried and it BROKE when I tried with the item names.

Also, the Button Configuration is something that the original Japanese version had, but I see you did something by allowing A and B to be switched via the menu instead. Does this also switch the Dash button too? Master Zed said it was married to the B button when he made his patches, which is why I never added the old Button Config patch in my project. Your Sliding Dash fix looks to be something I probably will include in an update since I will be removing Zed's Dash A in favor of Dash B so the Sprint Shoes still have a use.

I do have a question about your item description fix though. In TWUE, I had some help from Dr Meat in expanding the item descriptions. Will your fix work if the text is moved to a different location or is the fix only affecting the menu? I've never seen the actual issue when playing the game that it says it fixes myself.

One last thing that I don't know if you did, but I was hoping to someday do, is to add Dance Descriptions. I think its the only ability that doesn't have it in Vanilla FF6.

Sorry for the long post and congratulations on completing another FF6 project!

Experience is the benchmark to maturity.

Final Fantasy VI - Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1386

Final Fantasy IV - Namingway Edition:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2337
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition - by Rodimus Primal - 04-06-2020, 02:22 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition - by REDTITAN - 10-12-2021, 02:26 PM