The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Bug?] Remove Death Status and "Target Dead Party Member" Intertwined

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Moog
So I was playing around with spell options in FF3usme and I encountered what I believe to be a bug with removing "Death" status.

If you set a spell to heal, don't force it to retarget if dead, and set the spell to remove death status...

>When cast on a living target, it behaves as expected, restoring the health amount.
>When cast on a dead target, the caster steps forward, no animation plays, and nothing happens.

Normally I'd assume such a scenario is intended behavior, because there aren't any spells in Final Fantasy games that both heal and revive.  However, the lack of animation is what leads me to believe this is a bug... shouldn't this sort of thing result in a 'miss'? Or a display of 0 healing?

I bring it up because I've been playing with the Magitek list and I was going to make Healing Force both heal and remove death, as if any of your party dies in the intro there's absolutely no way to resurrect them.  Has anyone else run into this when doing magic edits?
  Find

Messages In This Thread
[Bug?] Remove Death Status and "Target Dead Party Member" Intertwined - by C-Dude - 01-04-2019, 01:35 AM