Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Fix for 2-player Blitz bug (co-op)?

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(11-13-2018, 01:15 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: That'd be fun to both enter the command together, like a Fusion technique. Also would be fun to mess up the other player and be an ass!

Actually, I tested it out on the Snes and that's how it works currently.

Once the "Blitz" command is selected, both controllers can enter the Blitz. For example you can have Player 1 control Sabin & have Player 2 enter the Blitz (including the A to confirm it).

If a player enters the Blitz correctly but the other player enters any command at all, the Blitz will fail. So, mean inspired people (or distracted ones) can ruin the Blitz without the other player knowing! On the other hand, if the two players each enter half of the Blitz correctly and with the correct timing, the Blitz will work!

Because it's so easy for the other player to press a button by mistake while the other player enters a Blitz, that I would strongly recommend against using Sabin in two-players mode.

(11-13-2018, 11:41 PM)Turbotastic Wrote: Unfortunately, I doubt this specific "bug" can ever be fixed, as I would assume the only fix would be to prevent the Blitz prompt from listening to the other controller entirely...and that sounds like a headache.

FuSoYa made a patch implementing two-player from scratch for Secret of Evermore (it was single player before), so I'm sure it's possible to fix the Blitz bug.

(11-13-2018, 11:41 PM)Turbotastic Wrote: It sounds like the best workaround would be to just install the patch that turns the Blitz command into a regular menu and play two-player like that.

Do you know where I can find this patch? I can only find a patch that turns every Blitz into a single button press.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Fix for 2-player Blitz bug (co-op)? - by Merudo - 11-11-2018, 04:16 AM
RE: Fix for 2-player Blitz bug (co-op)? - by Merudo - 11-25-2018, 03:18 AM