Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Modifying the "Runic Forever" hack

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
Link: Runic Forever 2.0

I reviewed the code of the 'runic forever' patch. It was one of my first hacks. At the time of the patch, i was inexperienced and could not implement these features. I didn't even know how to use a assembler compiler like asar and, in the first versions, I wrote the code manually byte by byte in a hex editor. I feel so nostalgic.

I could implement these features now. I suppose experience pays off in the long run. Give it a test.

For runic, the runic user will not runic his own magic. Celes can runic and cast magic afterwards. The runic effect will only be triggered by another magic user. Celes runic effect won't be dispelled if she uses magic. Also, if two or more runic effects are active, they will interfere with each other. As example, if Celes and Gogo use the runic command and Celes use magic, Celes will not absorb his own magic but Gogo will absorb it and vice-versa.

For swordtech, successive retort activation won't trigger the retort attack. It must be triggered by a physical attack.

I used free space from $C3/FCC0 to $C3/FCEF. If it conflicts with another patches, you can change the free spaces addresses in the source code and recompile it with asar.
  Find
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to HatZen08 for this post:
  • dtgenji (09-22-2018), Gi Nattak (09-22-2018), madsiur (09-22-2018), Warrax (09-22-2018)

Messages In This Thread
Modifying the "Runic Forever" hack - by dtgenji - 09-19-2018, 10:40 AM
RE: Modifying the "Runic Forever" hack - by HatZen08 - 09-22-2018, 04:56 AM