Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Excluding Weapons from Use With Genji Glove

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
(04-08-2021, 07:52 AM)assassin Wrote: what were the limitations you were running into after investigating C1/4B73 several weeks ago?

As someone who does not actually know how to code, all of my hacks thus far have been finding a piece of code that does something parallel to what I want to do, and then finding a way to repurpose it and insert it where I need it. That is why, on my thread about making Kappa ignore the imp spec flag, I had originally done a character check the only way I knew how... by copying over the check to see if the battle should be ended with the "Banon Fell..." message. 

With this code, I could tell by reading through your commented disassembly that the check on the weapons was only surface-level. It only checked to see what type of item it was, weapon or shield, and didn't get down to checking the properties flag. This is because Gauntlet doesn't actually restrict your ability to equip a weapon; you can equip anything you want, but you might not get the benefit of the Gauntlet. So when I saw that, and I couldn't find any similar code to check the properties within the in-battle item menu, I knew that I had hit a wall that I would not be able to scale. If you are able to, then I will happily test and use your code. I'll even use xkas rather than entering it by hand!   Laugh

The patch, with my code, can be found here: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread-4092.html

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Excluding Weapons from Use With Genji Glove - by PowerPanda - 04-08-2021, 09:51 AM