Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
IOS Portraits for SNES (Finished)

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Sounds like a brilliant way to do it. On the airship, Relm and Strago are considered NPCs, so hiding objects would affect them. Every time you change screens, a small program runs that activates all event bits for all NPCs, then toggles them off based on the members of your party. That's why they show up again when you change screens.

The other thing you'll have to worry about is Cyan's dream. It can't handle more than the default characters, and there is zero room to expand it, since the 3 Stooges room is maxed out for NPCs.

EDIT: Just got to a laptop so I could double-check, and you're right. Strago's NPC is Object $17 (NPC #7), and Relm's NPC is Object $18 (NPC #8), so the code to hide those 2 objects is exactly what is causing the problem.

Also, regarding Cyan's dream, I think I AM going to put the hack together to take out the "splitting of the party". That frees up 24 NPC Event Bits and around 1000 bytes of Event Space. It would give you plenty of space to code your own events for the airship.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Messages In This Thread
IOS Portraits for SNES (Finished) - by NeroTek - 06-29-2018, 01:32 AM
RE: IOS Portraits for SNES (Finished) - by PowerPanda - 07-18-2018, 09:37 AM