Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
final fantasy mystic quest sound effects

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
(03-07-2018, 07:42 PM)madsiur Wrote: After re-reading my post and the guy original post, I think he is referring to the sound effects and not the brr samples. This is still a mystery for me in FF6, only way we found is make an event tile that play a SFX and record via emulator, then switch the SFX ID of the event command and record the next one. This could work on other Squaresoft game having a similar event system, the hard part is setting the event if you have no event documentation.

I know FF6 sound effects are generated from a single giant waveform separated from the song brr samples. The waveform has its own ADSR table and other data table to help generate a SFX, I suspect each SFX has a pointer to a part of the waveform and a certain length is used for the SFX, then effects applied to it but I've never seen documentation on the subject.

That's what I posted about.  By removing the ability for the game to play music he can record the sound effects as they play in the game.  :)  I don't have specific information on MQ's sound effect generation/and etc so this is another method get them.

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: final fantasy mystic quest sound effects - by JCE3000GT - 03-07-2018, 08:12 PM