Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
More Character Palettes

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Tis as good a place as any to continue this conversation. While I'm not looking at adding more overworld palettes, at the moment I'm trying to figure something else out about them. This part apso involves FF6LE -- whatever version is it now, I vote it to be called FF6"LExi" version because its so sexy. Maybe I'm off my rocking chair but Level Editor "+" ExHiRom or LE+EX, or LEEX+ (Lexi just flows easier but that just my non-pro theory on the matter. (Have also take into account the last program I wrote from scratch back in about '07 was named "CL.I.T" the "CLothing Inventory Tracker" soooo yeah, while it was fun to finger... the mouse I mean... while fiddling with... needless to say my ability to name something not always the most proper.)

Sprites such as the treasure chest, use overworld palette 17, then we have a puff of smoke on overworld palette 13, and from that sprite up, even higher overworld palettes. Yet with these in mind (info coming from usME) the LE only lets you go to palette 7 on NPC.

So, are they (as Nattak said) using events on palette 6 and eventing it to mimic a higher palette? I haven't checked smoke/fog in Narsh or the talking "Feed me!" Chest in Strago's cave yet, but if LE won't assign higher than 7, and the game flipps if you assign higher than 7... what other options? Other than special cases for every instance. Which still doesn't add up entirely because 8bit palette calculations overflow and bug at 56(dec) and higher. Should be able to load all the overworld palettes (by usME's showing) on a NPC.

Even if we can't get more new overworld palettes, having virtually unlimited battle palettes could work well with 31 overworld palettes (if the moonwalk trick is fixed). Meaning LE needs to lose the 0-7 resriction on palette for starters. Will take a look at it later, been meaning to for a day or two now, see if I can still read, and see what I see. Need to look at something else that I can't figure out on the side as well.

I came across this thought while looking at the "dragon" sprite. Actually looks pretty sweet on some of them high number overworld palettes. (#25 and #21 for instance, with palette #15 still being my favorite.) Something to look into eventually.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
More Character Palettes - by Catone - 12-13-2015, 03:52 PM
RE: More Character Palettes - by Gi Nattak - 12-13-2015, 04:27 PM
RE: More Character Palettes - by madsiur - 12-13-2015, 04:41 PM
RE: More Character Palettes - by Catone - 12-13-2015, 05:10 PM
RE: More Character Palettes - by madsiur - 12-13-2015, 06:36 PM
RE: More Character Palettes - by Catone - 12-13-2015, 07:51 PM
RE: More Character Palettes - by Gi Nattak - 12-13-2015, 08:30 PM
RE: More Character Palettes - by madsiur - 12-13-2015, 08:40 PM
RE: More Character Palettes - by Catone - 12-16-2015, 09:10 AM
RE: More Character Palettes - by Catone - 01-02-2016, 12:54 PM