Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Glitchy Animation (Tools)

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
I was trying to edit the existing Tools, and I've yet to know how to edit the effects of those that aren't Flash or Bio Blaster; but for those I went ahead and tried to give them custom animations: Bio Blaster now casts a red Cure on the target, and Flash casts Big Guard on the target. I got something okay with Flash, but however for Bio Blaster, no matter what I do with FF3usME or FF6MDE, I can't get a satisfying result. These are my parameters, and the base spells for reference:

[Image: ngngngn_by_kugawattan-d9mbgso.png]

With these commands, The animation seems to play fine, until the end of the Cure animation, where this happens...

[Image: crossover_crisis_00011_by_kugawattan-d9mbh0y.bmp]

After Banon steps back the glitchy stuff disappears, but as you can notice, it looks really unproffesional and I do not wish to leave it like that. What can I do? Anyone with spell editing experience?

Note that if I switch places of the "Cure" animation, to this:

[Image: ngnng2_by_kugawattan-d9mbgsz.png]

I get no cure animation at all. Banon steps forward, draws the Bio Blaster, the sound effect plays, Terra is healed with no special effects, Banon steps back. Pretty underwhelming, too.

Halp pls

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
You can try the 'Custom Tools' patch. After the patch is applied, you must change the data of the tools items with ff3usME. The tool power will be the triggered spell ID when the tool is activated. The tool hit rate will be used as the tool animation. You also need to change the tool targeting for something compatible with the animation.

The value of 255 for the hit rate will use the default animation for the selected spell. For the default tool animation, you can use the values of:

Code:
0   Noise Blaster
1   Bio Blaster
2   Flash
3   Chain Saw (damage animation)
4   Debilitator
5   Drill
6   Air Anchor
7   Auto Cross Bow
8   Chain Saw (one-hit KO)

A few days ago, i did a fork of the 'Custom Tools' patch. It nows also allows to edit the skeans for the throw command. The item power of the skean will determinate the spell which will be triggered. The animation will always be the default animation for the triggered spell.

Technically, the item is considered a skean if the item is the 'item' type and it has the 'throw-able' flag. Without the 'throw-able' flag, it is considered a normal item. Thrown-able weapons are not considered a skean.

You can compile the code with asar. Or you can download the original patch, without skeans, from RHDN.

Code:
header
hirom

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;nulls hard coded replacement of items for spells: specific tools, skeans
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
org     $C22708
        JMP $2719
warnpc  $C22719

;check if item need adjustment
org     $C22ADC

;get item type
        LDA $D85000,X                   ;item type
        AND #$07                        ;isolate bytes

;check for tool type
        CMP #$00                        ;tool id
        BEQ tool_adjustment

;check for item type
        CMP #$06                        ;item id
        BNE continue

;check if item can be throw
        LDA $D85000,X                   ;item type
        AND #$10                        ;'can be throw' flag
        BEQ continue

;setup skean data
        BRA skean_adjustment

continue:
        ;continue normal code
        JMP $2B16

warnpc  $C22B16

;tool/skean adjustment
org     $C22B1A

tool_adjustment:
        JSR spell_reload                ;reload spell data
        LDA $D85015,X                   ;load tool hit rate (animation)
        CMP #$09                        ;max tool animation
        BCS continue
        STA $B6                         ;command index (tool animation)
        LDA #$09                        ;tools command
        STA $B5                         ;save command
        BRA continue

skean_adjustment:
        JSR spell_reload
        BRA continue

spell_reload:
        ;load spell data
        LDA $D85014,X                   ;load tool/skean power (spell index)
        PHA
        JSR $2966                       ;load spell data
        STZ $11A5                       ;null spell cost
        PLA

;setup default animation
        STA $B6                         ;save spell index
        JSR $1DBF                       ;choose command based on spell index
        STA $B5                         ;save command

;return
        RTS

warnpc  $C22B63
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
While that does indeed solve my "more tools" issue, there's the fact that my animation's still glitchy. Maybe I can try editing the spell data, but I doubt that'd solve much.

Thank you however! I actually tried to use this patch before but I couldn't figure out how to use it! I hope this didn't conflict with my other patches; my Patch Conflict Finder is broken :V

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!