* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
Alright, so I've played a dozen games of BC, so I'd wager I can answer any specific questions. My thoughts on the flags:

New Character Commands: I simply feel like this should be turned on almost as a prerequisite to the races. The only point of doing multiple races is to have different ones every time, but if character commands are always the same, Blitz will always outpace Bushido which will always outpace Steal.

Sprint Shoes: I feel like this should be turned on, if only by a little bit/personal preference. Doing something like not buying Sprint Shoes in the Returners' Hideout would be a fatal mistake, ending any possibility of winning if it's the only place to buy them. That's an uncommon scenario, but more seriously, it would basically kill one Relic slot, which I feel reduces the strategy. Granted, Relics aren't super cool at the beginning anyways. Additionally, it would be an overall speed up until about SF anyways, in a way that just axes boring walking segments, and nothing more. Regardless, I'm still open on this flag. This flag isn't a deal breaker to me.

As for other things:

Equipment: Generally, if equipment is changed it's a minor buff or evasion change. Things like Shell and Image show up on random pieces of equipment. New effects are generally positive(except a certain coronet with auto-confuse, which could even have use late game, but whatever.), and the new effects are also very rare. Additionally, they are generally extra, and not replacing previous effects. I've only encountered a handful of them, though. Procs are a much bigger deal. I've had more of them, and they've had greater variety. I've had Shurikens that cast reflect, brushes that cast Vanish, the aforementioned Flare Stratos, and my current run even has Fixed Dice that cast Ultima(simply broken). I haven't had any random castings of devastating things like Quake or Merton, but I wouldn't be surprised if it could happen. Finally, items can break for just about any spell, and it's common enough to be game changing, but not game ending(at least as far as we're going). While we probably won't see an indestructible Hero Ring that casts Bolt 3(which is as ridiculous as it sounds), or a Pearl Lance that instantly ends your party with Quake, Poison, -ara spells, and Cure 2 are not off the table, and if no one has Tools, we'll be seeing a lot more of that. Definitely a way to spice up the game.

Berserker: I personally believe this shouldn't be set for the race, but like the Sprint Shoes, it isn't a deal breaker. In all my runs, I've never seen Sabin be a berserker, unless he was one in one of my older AC files, where I wouldn't have noticed. However, even if he couldn't be Sabin, it's still a boring character. It's unlikely we'll find a Rage Ring, or the actually interesting Blizzard Orb, and without it, there's really no depth to the character. I almost always axe my Berserker by the end of the game, and if I keep him, it's generally due to his Relics. I'm fairly certain that the berserker does not have anything special equipped except by random chance(I've had a character without any access to shields except the Genji Shield, so they were equipped with one by default), and this random chance extends to all characters, so it's not a noteworthy feature that would spice up the existence of a berserker. Just my thoughts though.

Window Colour: With the exception of a retina-searing magenta, the window colours aren't that bad. I don't care though.

Other: Overall, the difficulty of BC isn't high until Floating Continent, and it's balanced enough to yield almost no random difficulty spikes except Zozo, which we won't be reaching, and a paltry amount of sporadic but surmountable difficulty spikes across the rest of the game.

That's it for now. Hopefully I'll be able to demonstrate the experience I've gained from repeated playthroughs.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by Cecil188 - 09-05-2015, 10:46 PM
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by B-Run - 05-24-2016, 07:40 AM
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by B-Run - 06-13-2016, 09:28 AM