The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Q: Is a No Battle/Encounter Hack possible?

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello FF6Hacking,
I just signed up and have tried to search my way around the forums, but I don't think this has been discussed - if it has, my apologies.

So, for a while now I've been having an idea of creating almost an art project in which "I"(not me, as I lack the skills) hack JRPGs that I love to remove the battle part out of the game. Essentially creating "Walking Simulators" out of the games, charter trips to the worlds, where you enter a story, somewhat more passively than otherwise, still able to walk and travel around the worlds.

The reason for this endeavor is manyfold:
One of them that I do not have the time anymore to play my way through the 40-80 hours it will take to make my way through some of my favourites, and the thought of having a tourist trip through a game could be a good comprimise. - How long would this game take without them?
A second reason is more "altruistic": Showing non-gamers/non-jrpg'ers the beautiful worlds, stories and characters without scaring them away with battle encounters.
A third is just a fun, open question: How does the experience change when playing an JRPG without battle?

Anyway, first and foremost is the question whether this is at all possible. I realise that there are a lot of scripted battles in the game, and these I have no problem in keeping - it is interesting for me to think of how a more seldom use of battles might even make each encounter feel more special.

So, would something like this be possible? And if so, what would it take to do, and approximately how long?

Thanks, byrjun.

(I don't know exactly why, but I fear asking this question here might have the potential of angering devout fans. Please understand that I love these games, and only have the best intentions in mind.)
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Q: Is a No Battle/Encounter Hack possible? - by byrjun - 01-28-2015, 10:19 AM