Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Gaining a greater health from Potions?

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
The method to modify the value of the gained health of an item is to use the modified special effect of the super ball. Looks like two different codes are used for the in-battle and out-battle use of the item. The in-battle is in the bank C2 and the out-battle (menu) is in the bank C3.

The code for the menu probably doesn't call the special effect of the super ball. Without it, it will do the regular healing of the item.

It is unfortunate, but i don't know how to fix it. The bank C3 is know to have a sloppy method to check items ID instead of the items data. Even if the items data are altered, the code will not recognize it without its alteration.

As example, the item antidot checks if the user has the poison status. If you alter it to be similar to a healing item, like potion, it still checks for the poison status. You can't use the new healing item unless the user has the poison status.

This sloppy method to check the item ID instead of the item data is scattered in the bank C3. It makes the adjustment of the item healing more difficult based on the item you are actually modifying. You always need to track down these hard coded item-ID checks.

Unfortunately, the only advice i can give you is to not use the item outside of battle. With FF3usMe, you only need to setup the flag which is used to determinate if the item is used out-of-battle. It is not the ideal option, but is the only option i have by now. The method to use the special effect of the super ball will not work for the menu. A new method needs to be designed.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gaining a greater health from Potions? - by HatZen08 - 12-19-2015, 02:07 PM