Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help: reworking Rage

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Thanks to Madsiur I started this small project that is going to change the "Rage" command for "Mime", that Bartz'll use in my hack Crossover Crisis. Basically he'll get a list of names of character's he's met and do their abilities.
So rage works alright, but I need some changes.
First: Make rage (the status) not applied, aka controllable Rages. However, I've read on the patch document that "this will allow you to use the cursor", but I don't want this, as I need both options for the rage, and since one might be healing and the other attack, you would be able to direct healing to enemies and curation to foes. which I don't want. So tldr you can select multiple rages a battle, but you can't decide the outcome of each rage.
Then: Make rage not give you status immunities, elemental resistances and etc. Because Bartz is only imitating the moves of his friends and foes, not their composition.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Slow
Well, from what I recall. Whatever statuses a enemy has is gained by the rage user and its the sketch attacks that are used in rage. All I can think up in this post to make a pathetic variation of this is to disable getting rages from the veldt, give the stats and attacks or healing use to the sketch list of non used monsters, name the monsters to that of the characters (the downside being its gonna be the same despite others changing the characters names) and give the rages via events. Idk how exactly that can be done, im just a novice spriter.
  Find

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
I don't know if it can help you, but you can try this code:

Code:
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; lucid rage 1.0
;
; + the rage user can select new rages in the next turn
; + he doesn't inhere the monster properties
; ! the special monster command is bugged
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
header
hirom

; main code
org     $c2157c
    TYX
    JSR $1554       ;execute command
    RTS
warnpc  $c21591

You can compile it with asar. The patch doesn't set the rage status and a new rage (or another command) can be used in the next turn. The rager doesn't gain the monster properties as well. However, the special monster command is bugged if used by the rager. The special monster command is setup when the monster properties are defined or reloaded for the rager. Because the patch skips the reloading of the monster properties, the special command setting is skipped as well.
  Find