* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I'm not entirely sure that the rules for running needed a tweak. The races were the perfect length and had the right amount of action in terms of combat. The only thing I don't like about the current rule is that there's no hard and fast way of deciding when you're allowed to run from battles, but I'm not completely broken up about that since the races are informal and just for fun.

Ruleset 1 is okay, but I think this will lead to weird scenarios where people rush to the end of the area just so they can go back and scavenge while running away, which feels unintuitive.

I don't like ruleset 2 at all; I think it's fair to punish players for not getting a move on and leaving the area when they are clearly able to move on. Besides, even when there is no chance of dying, there is still some strategy in figuring out how to defeat encounters as efficiently as possible.

I actually do like ruleset 3 as much as (or more than) our current rules. If we can pull it off logistically, that is. I think it might be tough to keep track of escapes, especially if a player escapes several times and then dies, presumably regaining the escapes they just spent. I can barely keep track of how many shops I've reached while racing, and I always save when I reach one so I never go backwards in the number of shops I have visited.

Confused Moogles FTW

Messages In This Thread
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by B-Run - 05-24-2016, 07:40 AM
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by Lockirby2 - 06-06-2016, 11:09 PM
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by B-Run - 06-13-2016, 09:28 AM