* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Quote:Tenkarider, saying "great, I won't race for an entire month" because of A (ONE SINGLE) rule, not just one concerning any use of a guide, but any rule you don't like, is not being open to rule variation. That phrase has been said more than once in this thread by a few people. "If your doing that rule, then I'm not racing". Again that is not being open to variation.

I'll admit it: this time i abused of the "I'm not racing" thing, it's just that i liked more the original way we were agree about reading all guide optional rule, (30 minutes before the race starts racers can consult the guide) when Jack said unlimited use while racing that didn't like me at all... i'm a slowpoke in general, if i add that rule i can search really few stuff and only at the beginning or i'll really skrew up the race and i hate losing for something totally different from raw gaming(as far we're talking about a gaming race)
I also abused of that because in the really end i'll probably just race and using the guide for what i consider essential to know, despite i hate this rule(sure, as far it's something we'll do once in a while)
PS. even if i said those stuff all the other previous statements about why i think it's not great are still valid... but if we wanna race with that in future, well let's just do it!

Quote:Also, how is using a guide for the collesseum the only way that it is useful? You say attempting a death move on a boss not knowing if it will work is a gamble, yet betting an item in the collesseum while not knowing what the result will be, is a reason not to play at all?

Death/Stone are just 2 gambles in a fight: if it's vulnerable you won; if not or he dodge the spell you wasted a turn.
Betting in colosseum are 255 different gambles, 90% of the item you can obtain are worthless/redundant/not worth the effort/impossible to obtain(too much strong or always sneeze) that 10% of item left are tonics, dried meat, elemental rods and shields and few other stuff: Abyss said he'll make healing consumables more common in first shops, so i assume it won't be anymore worth betting for them;
while it's predictable to know what to bet for healing consumables(not worth in the near future) and top tier stuff, (impossible to obtain) mid and high stuff are definitely impossible to guess on fly(unless you are extremely lucky) and most of the items to bet for them fall in those 2 groups, in other words it's unreasonable trying to search for a elem. shield without a guide and hoping to not waste at least an hour for that, (100% you lose the race) without even consider that even among shields there's some unwinnable fight, even in the best case the enemy level should be ~LV28, so only quite late in the race you'll be able to win the fight(and backtracking a lot if the colisseum was one of the first shops)
So it's not the same gambling for exploit a status weakness and gambling for finding a few selected range of desired items that you can even win(still assuming they'll appear in the list, yeah it can happen even that)

Quote:Eitherway, I'll shut up now. There is no point in attempting to discuss anything with someone that's already decided they are always right, and their way is the only way.

I'm sorry you think that about me, i'm stubborn but i don't think to always be right(i rarely am completely right) and my solution is never the only one:
On a side note i'm debating on make as standard rule use guide only for colosseum; guide while racing is an optional rule so there's no way they can conflict each other, what i'm saying against it is what is an equal gamble and what not; never said you don't have to use this rule.

Said that if i pissed you off i'm really sorry, that wasn't my intention. Sad

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by Tenkarider - 10-20-2015, 02:20 PM
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by B-Run - 05-24-2016, 07:40 AM
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by B-Run - 06-13-2016, 09:28 AM