Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How to remove/wedge-vicks and m. tek armor?

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 149
Thanks Given: 163
Status
Nattak\'d
Only pointer I could offer atm is to check out my last post and see how I located and FD the town stuff, which is at a new address you see.
Have you checked out the event editing tutorial I linked? It should help you understand how to search for events and edit them in hex better I'd imagine.
You need to practice locating the event code in question via the dump, getting to that address in the hex editor, and then making the appropriate changes, testing often until you get a feel for this.

In the dump you will see the command that is putting the party in Magitek Armor for the map, and creates characters etc., it's just all about finding it, and doing searches for dialog that you know is associated with the event is the best way I've found to locate the event quickly. For instance doing a search in the dump for: 'There's the town' brought me right around more or less to the place I'd want to be to edit that event's code too prevent Biggs and Wedge from being created, removing the magitek armor, etc.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to remove/wedge-vicks and m. tek armor? - by Gi Nattak - 07-17-2015, 06:10 PM