Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ASM hack: improved Gale Hairpin; please help

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Thanks for the reply, Synchysi. I tried changing the LDA $11D6 to LDA $D6. Unfortunately it makes no difference. It still causes all party members to gain Initiative even though only one is wearing the relic. I guess $11D6 bit 1 is set globally whenever anyone equips a Gale Hairpin. I'm putting this on the backburner for now since it seems I'm at a frustrating dead-end.

BTB, you're welcome to use my ugly version of the hack in BNW until I can get the proper version working. I think this hack doesn't really get interesting until you can set it as a property on a couple different items. It'd be nice to have on a few weapons, for example.

The idea is to combine this with another hack of mine that combines the Gale Hairpin and Back Guard bits into one, thus freeing up the original "raise preemptive atk." bit for this purpose. It's a simple fix that can be done inline, and it only has the unfortunate side effect of making pre-emptive attacks very slightly less common.

By the way, Synchysi, did you ever get around to commenting and collating the bugfixes and tweaks you coded for BNW? I'm still waiting to see that Sketch code and many other cool things you've done. You've done some astounding work on FFVI and I'd hate to see it locked away in an ips file. It would be cool to see some of your bugfixes released as standalone patches. Off the top of my head, the Heal Rod targeting, earrings not affecting healing spells, the poison counter not resetting with removal, etc.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: ASM hack: improved Gale Hairpin; please help - by seibaby - 03-03-2014, 09:00 PM