Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Pony Fantasy VI Remake

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 41
Status
None
Okay. If not, again, it's not a huge deal. My intent for Umaro's replacement character was for them to have no special skill and the best physical stats in the game, so leaving him as a Berserker with the associated special attacks is probably better, anyway.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
I tested it out here and he is not berserk.

[Image: BZTZKhM.png]

Applied the patch to headered clean ROM and went and recruited Umaro, after giving him skills with FF3usME, and in battle he is not Berserk. Apparently just giving him skills removes the Berserk. Or maybe no skills at all = Berserk. But yeah, not sure why it's not working for you... If you patched your ROM with a header, gave him skills, and recruited him to test.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
Oh, you have to re-recruit him, too? Okay then.

Also, one last question - is it possible to export and important actor names like dialogue? Because every time something messes up and I lose my rom, it's a pain renaming everyone.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Nah lol, sorry that is not a featured export. None of the names at all, monsters, items, actors, etc. Had Lord J kept working on the editor that might have a been a possibility. I'm very thankful though that he did add the ability to export some important things.

EDIT: it is possible to dump this data via hex though, and then inject it back in.

Status
None
Okay. Is it all in one lump in the Hex, or scattered?
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
They are grouped together at C4/78C0 - C4/7A3F, but in order to view them correctly you will need to use a 'table file', the Battle one to be exact. You can get table files here:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/tools/FF3usTbl.zip

There's an option to 'open table file' in the hex editor, under file in windhex. Load table 1, and then select the battle table file, when you're at C4/78C0 (without the header that is, C4/7AC0 with a header, +200 for addresses with the header on), and you'll see the names appear. That's what table files do, turn data into words n shit.

EDIT: Using the TAB key, you can switch between fields in the hex editor, in case you want to edit the bytes, or type in text. Hard to explain kinda, but you'll see what I mean.

Status
None
Cool. Has anyone considered adopting the editor program to work on its capabilities?

As-is, I love it. I had a lot of ideas to the tune of "If I was gonna do a Pony Fantasy 6, I'd do this stuff." Then I decided to download a hack program just to check how it works, and it's like wow, all the stuff is nicely laid out, it's easy to use and understand. And that's when I realized I could actually do this.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Not that I know of. I don't think he has the source codes available for one.
It really is an amazing editor, he did an amazing job with it for sure.

Status
None
Ah, indeed! Thank you. Names exported as Hex. Smile

And lo, at the end of a chaotic day, was a glimmer of light as shit finally started working.

One last question, and this is another Umaro thing where it's not a big deal if it's too hard - is it possible to give NPCs unique sprites? Like, Lola uses the generic woman sprite, is it possible to give her her own sprite?

EDIT - I'll figure it out tomorrow, but one last glitch - it hangs when I run from fights. Played all the way through the intro and beat Whelk, no problems at all in any way. Then tried to run from rats and it hanged.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Huh I'm not sure what or which is responsible for that running glitch, something battle related...one of those patches I'd bet. I'm positive it's not the Umaro one though...that's troubling news though.

As for the sprites question, there's no easy way to expand on the number of NPC sheets in order to have a new NPC spot/graphic, but there's a way to expand, say, one of the static sprites, like one of the espers in the glass tube, or the or just a one pose sprite, and expand it to have a full sheet. Then you could make that the new NPC and put that static sprite on one of the action poses, usually tent or unused pose.

Edrin made a great tutorial on how to do this:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...and+sprite