Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
question

Threads: 17
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Sadness
Hey guys

Is there anyway for me to get past the game crashes on the BNW 2.0 mod at all using the FF3USME editor

thanks
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
I think BNW use event space that is reserved for FF3usME so using the editor will overwrite BNW changes so it will crash the game after saving with FF3usME. There is nothing I can do about this nor anybody so I think you should give up on trying to cheat on bnw and find something more suitable to play for you, a mod where your cheats work.
  Find

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Moog
I remember reading on the New Game Plus forums for Brave New World that the game is incompatible with FF3USME. I do believe you can use it to draft changes, though, by making changes to a copy of the file and then manually moving the hex to its appropriate position in BNW. However, you would need to know what you are changing and where it is meant to go.

http://ngplus.net/index.php?/forums/topi...mment-8297

I think you have to make a patch that excludes any changes beyond the CC bank.
Try this:
+ Make your changes in FF3USME. We'll call this BNW-A
+ Use Lunar IPS to make a difference patch between your changes and a fresh version of BNW. Make sure it puts out a log.
- To make a difference patch, you select BNW as the 'unmodified' ROM and BNW-A as the modified ROM.
- The resulting IPS patch will only have hex addresses that were changed by FF3USME.
- You might be able to use this to find and step around the addresses that cause the incompatibility. The creator says it's something in the CC bank.
+ Apply that patch to BNW-A to actually GET that log.
+ Open BNW-A and a fresh copy of BNW in a hex editor, such as HxD.
+ Using the log, find the address of the last change before the CC bank. Otherwise, select all Hex code from C00000 to CBFFFF in BNW-A. (0-BFFFF in HxD)
+ Copy it into the clean copy of BNW. We'll call this BNW-B
+ Try running BNW-B and see if it crashes.
- If it doesn't, make a difference patch between BNW-B and BNW and save it somewhere. You should be good to go.
- If it does crash, try asking over at New Game Plus, their development forum might have some tricks to get around the incompatibility.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 24
Status
None
(11-17-2019, 02:08 PM)madsiur Wrote: I think BNW use event space that is reserved for FF3usME so using the editor will overwrite BNW changes so it will crash the game after saving with FF3usME. There is nothing I can do about this nor anybody so I think you should give up on trying to cheat on bnw and find something more suitable to play for you, a mod where your cheats work.

I sometimes like modding games to make them harder, or to change things to make them different. That isn't cheating, it's general modding. A lot of people have issues with some of the changes and alterations in BNW that deal with things like item descriptions, character statements in battles, attack names, monsters name, and other random stuff like that.

I got into modding because I felt I was being fed a bunch of bull when I asked a question and was given a run-around-answer that didn't actually answer squat. I started modding to physically check an answer I was given, as I knew it was bull from start to finish due to the logical inconsistancy of the answer, and my tests proved that.

"Why are so many item descriptions either blank, nonsensical, or bad jokes?"

"Because we didn't have any more space"

"Wouldn't you have more space if you were more concise?"

"No"

So I physically checked and found that by being concise with wording and not throwing in bad jokes so often that damn near all of the items could be given useful descriptions of some sort and that I was actually being fed bull as I thought. I bitched at them, they told me to f-k off, I started going further into modding out of spite.

What they did with fixing and improving the battle system is a thing of beauty, but damn near everything else about BNW is not something I appreciate, and I'm not alone in that. That's why some people mod it to change it, and calling it "Cheating" to want to change anything about it is kind of insulting.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(11-17-2019, 06:42 PM)Robo Jesus Wrote: I sometimes like modding games to make them harder, or to change things to make them different. That isn't cheating, it's general modding. A lot of people have issues with some of the changes and alterations in BNW that deal with things like item descriptions, character statements in battles, attack names, monsters name, and other random stuff like that.

I agree with that description and you're right about that. However you have zero idea of the previous discussions between me and mac68, discussions that have been going for a few years now. He previously tried make SNES cheats work with BNW and my answer a bit aimed toward this, in the way of finding a mean to make the game easier. Now he's trying to make the mod compatible with FF3usME, for the same sole purpose. I'm all for this but I had the feeling prior to answering that he is not capable of doing the process C-Dude gently detailed because of his neurodivergence and that is why I did not gave the same kind of answer. If someone wants to create a patch for him that restore the $CC code, then go for it and mac68 would highly appreciate.

Edit: I apologize if my answer came off as rude, but my patience has worn off a little recently.
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • C-Dude (11-18-2019), Robo Jesus (11-17-2019)

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 24
Status
None
(11-17-2019, 07:25 PM)madsiur Wrote: Edit: I apologize if my answer came off as rude, but my patience has worn off a little recently.

I wasn't offended, and figured any insult was likely unintended, so I take no offense. Honestly I have to apologize as well, as I know I can be abbrassive at times despite not meaning to be so. ^_^

I just felt I had to say something to point out it could be taken the wrong way, but looking back, I could have worded that a lot better.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I have honestly wondered how long it's going to be before Mac68 3000 is banned. He has been given far more patience than I have ever seen on an online forum.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Mac may try your patience, but he hasn't broken any rules. Feel free to ignore his posts.
  Find
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to seibaby for this post:
  • madsiur (11-18-2019), Tenkarider (11-19-2019), Turbotastic (11-18-2019)

Status
Tissue-aware
@PowerPanda: If you read my last reply carefully, you'll have a hint at why when I was admin I was more indulgent with him on some occasions, and that's the perfectly fine way to proceed in my opinion given his condition. There's nothing in this thread from him that justify a ban. If I recall correctly, his biggest offenses were contiguous messages in the shoutbox and warnings were given at the time.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • PowerPanda (11-18-2019)