Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Amanofied Characters

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Brave
One of the projects I'm working Amanofying many of the game's characters and collecting them in a single thread. All of these sprites will use Palettes 0-5 for compatibility although some may require the Eggers' Extended Palette Hack. Some of these sprites will be of my own design and others will be modified versions of others sprites. So far there are only two but expect some small and small and big changes to several other characters.

1. Terra by Joseph Collins.

2. Celes by Astaroth.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
It's a huge task to not make look amano Celes like she's wearing just a black swim suit...

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Those spritesheets are unusable. All the pixels are washed up. Same problems as last time you posted a spritesheet.
  Find

Status
Brave
Madsiur, thanks for the info. I downloaded the sprite and compared it to the "original" and they are different. Imgur is messing it up some how. I don't know how to go about fixing this problem.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-14-2017, 02:21 PM)Timbo Wrote: Madsiur, thanks for the info. I downloaded the sprite and compared it to the "original" and they are different. Imgur is messing it up some how. I don't know how to go about fixing this problem.

You are right, there's a problem with the imgur button on the reply window, I'll probably need to update some code because of changes in the imgur API. However, going on imgur.com and uploading a sheet does save it correctly. I just tested both options.

(03-14-2017, 02:21 PM)Timbo Wrote: For some reason I can't get either of the quote functions to work.

To quote a single post, use the quote button. To quote two or more post, click multiquote on the post(s) and quote on last post you want to quote. As an example for two posts, multiquote on first and quote on second. If you press multiquote on both then quote it won't work. Multiquote seems to do nothing but it does save the post to be used in another post quote.

Edit: if the quote button is not working, try doing a hard refresh on the page (Ctrl+F5). I'm not sure if it will do anything but it worth a try.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Timbo (03-14-2017)

Status
Brave
(03-14-2017, 01:56 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: It's a huge task to not make look amano Celes like she's wearing just a black swim suit...
Look I didn't draw this sprite, I color corrected it. I'm not taking credit for it. That said, I think the original looks pretty damn good. How about instead of sarcasm, giving some constructive criticism the next time you see something you don't like? Are you saying the yellow looks washed out against her skin? Have you looked at the version that wasn't effed up by imgur?

I finally created an imgur account and re-uploaded the sprites on the original post with proper .pngs files. I would love some feedback on the Celes one, I spent more time on it then I care to admit.
  Find

Status
Atma
(03-15-2017, 12:04 AM)Timbo Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 01:56 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: It's a huge task to not make look amano Celes like she's wearing just a black swim suit...
Look I didn't draw this sprite, I color corrected it. I'm not taking credit for it. That said, I think the original looks pretty damn good. How about instead of sarcasm, giving some constructive criticism the next time you see something you don't like? Are you saying the yellow looks washed out against her skin? Have you looked at the version that wasn't effed up by imgur?

I finally created an imgur account and re-uploaded the sprites on the original post with proper .pngs files. I would love some feedback on the Celes one, I spent more time on it then I care to admit.

sorry if i gave you the impression i was making fun of you, it wasn't my intention.
I saw the new png and looks a lot better  Wink
All what i was saying in any case is that amano Celes yellow dress is very difficult to make it distinguish from her skin, in a 16x32 sprite
maybe that might be the reason why they changed Celes sprite in the game...

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Brave
(03-15-2017, 06:17 PM)Tenkarider Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 12:04 AM)Timbo Wrote:

sorry if i gave you the impression i was making fun of you, it wasn't my intention.
I saw the new png and looks a lot better  Wink
All what i was saying in any case is that amano Celes yellow dress is very difficult to make it distinguish from her skin, in a 16x32 sprite
maybe that might be the reason why they changed Celes sprite in the game...

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry for getting the wrong impression and not giving you the benefit of the doubt. The mods, which make up most of the community, at the other major final fantasy hacking site I used to frequent are terribly unkind and downright mean. Unfortunately, I've started to expect antagonism in these sorts of places. For the record, after seeing the actual png, do you think it looks good enough to use in a high-quality hack?
  Find

Status
Atma
(03-16-2017, 12:31 AM)Timbo Wrote: Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry for getting the wrong impression and not giving you the benefit of the doubt. The mods, which make up most of the community, at the other major final fantasy hacking site I used to frequent are terribly unkind and downright mean. Unfortunately, I've started to expect antagonism in these sorts of places. For the record, after seeing the actual png, do you think it looks good enough to use in a high-quality hack?

don't worry about that: this is the best hacking site ever and everybody is nice  Kungfu!
the sprite is good, still the shoes/boots are not convincing me, but i guess here you need the point of view of an actual spriter

Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-14-2017, 02:41 AM)Timbo Wrote: The mods, which make up most of the community, at the other major final fantasy hacking site I used to frequent are terribly unkind and downright mean. Unfortunately, I've started to expect antagonism in these sorts of places.

Concerning this question (but not tenka's comment in particular), I've seen a lot of place comments concerning hacks I wouldn't tolerate here. The U.S. have a large definition of free speech (which I don't totally agree with) and some people think it extends to everywhere on the net. The admin team want this forum to be a sort of safe space for newbies where they can get constructive criticism about their work, regardless of their skill level. The admin team is the only judge in final about what is acceptable and whatnot. There's a lot of forum where you can get "your sprite suck" kind of comment and I don't want this place to be one. There is a way to say that your work need improvement with respect without falling into brutal negativity.

I do like trolling to some extent though :P
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Timbo (03-16-2017)