Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 Tactics

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
[Image: imgshk.png]
I'm currently programming in Java a tactical Rpg ( like FinalFantasyTactic/Fire Emblem) with FF6 characters. In the story mode, the player will follow the main plot of FF6, fighting the important battles, but also showing some part of the story that aren't explained.
For example:
In WOB, when the Returners goes to Thamasa on Gesthalt request, what does Celes and Leo are doing during the burning house incident? ( LEO WHY!!!!) ( he could be a hidden unlockable character).
or In Wor, Shadows Dreams, Darryl > Gogo subStory, ... ( if you any stories ideas...)

For now, 95% of the of the combat system functionality has been programmed ( Characters, Abilities , Computer AI) and Ive also made a Scenario editor in which you can edit the scenario, map, characters and their abilities without having to hard code them.
Combat App:
Scenario Editor:

I'm currently working on integrating and making the different animation of each abilities and with their Sfx. (Btw, if someone has a link to download the complete library of Sfx of FF6, please tell me. Ive been searching for them without success. Edit:Thx to Madsiur, i now have them all! Tongue )

Whats needs to be dones:
Some little function in the combat App, like an ability that will emulate Rage or Dance, the elemental weakness system, abilities that allows to summon to the battlefield ( Shadow would have a 25% chance to summon Interceptor next to him when attacked, Relm Sketch would summon a copy of the target next to her, available only for 1 turn) or Mimic of the mighty Gogo.
Edit Party Screen: The screen in which you edit your party/ equip items or Esper.
Campaign Screen: Basically, a scrollable FF6 map with nods ( like FFT) for city/point of interest.
Cut Scene Screen: A screen to display some basic cut scene and show the plot.

If you want to help, i need help with:
- Looking at my animation : Since i display my animation only on the square where the ability is targeted, my anim are restricted to be small. So, i remade most of them. For example, Fire 3, there's no way i can make a little ball drop on the target and then an explosion, all within that small square, it would just look silly. So i took part Strago Exploder to make my Fire3. If you have any tip to how to make them more.... FF6-like, plz tell me! Especially, the Slash and Hit animation, they really look wrong even though i remade them 3 times... ( My animation are located in the Sprite\Effect folder) Also, I'm using Gimp to edit my images, anyone has something more pixel-friendly than that?

- Beta Testing it!: Especially the AI of the Combat App. There's thousands of variables that can affect the AI movement so its really complex. So just play the game and write down what you feel seems wrong and what you don't understands and it could really help me Tongue

-Writing the dialogue
Since Engrish is my second language, and that I'm even worst in FrenchFinger, so i think that ill need someone for that... Note that, it will be more a matter of adapting FF6 dialogue than writting a complete new story.
Btw, just thanks for your time if you read to this line Wink

Download FF6T V0.87
Keep in my mind that this a Wip and that the Stats balance of the characters are really hard to keep since I'm adding new function each week.
Note that this project isn't restricted to FF6, i mean, if you have spritesheets for couple of pokemon of about the right size, i could make a pokemon scenario just for shit and giggles. Tongue
If you have any ideas and/or commentary, feel free to express yourself!

[Image: rrj.gif]
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Donc ta langue martenelle est le français? Je viens de Montréal et j'étudie la programmation. J'aime bien Java!

Forget the first line if I was mistaken...

That is a really cool project! I saw this game in a thread you probably made elsewhere and I thought it was really neat. Anyway I can't help you with much but for the sound effect I wanted to make a full library tyoo a while back. The is no SFX list either for hacking purpose. I started the project but didn't went very far with it. I have the first 30 SFX recorded with a small description­. I just created an event with a NPC and when you talk to him, there is 5 SFX playing with a pause between each. I recorded it with ZSNES and them edited the WAV with a sound editor to separate them. You repeat this until you reach 255. I could set up the event for you you would have to change the SFX that's it and record them...

I have uploaded the first 20 on YouTube (link) There is another guy who did the same and has them on a web page, but it's not the full collection either. (link)

Edit: For the animations, maybe Zeemis could give you a help. I think he knows how to make them.
  Find

Status
None
(07-14-2012, 03:08 PM)Madsiur Wrote: Donc ta langue martenelle est le français? Je viens de Montréal et j'étudie la programmation. J'aime bien Java!

Forget the first line if I was mistaken...

That is a really cool project! I saw this game in a thread you probably made elsewhere and I thought it was really neat. Anyway I can't help you with much but for the sound effect I wanted to make a full library tyoo a while back. The is no SFX list either for hacking purpose. I started the project but didn't went very far with it. I have the first 30 SFX recorded with a small description­. I just created an event with a NPC and when you talk to him, there is 5 SFX playing with a pause between each. I recorded it with ZSNES and them edited the WAV with a sound editor to separate them. You repeat this until you reach 255. I could set up the event for you you would have to change the SFX that's it and record them...

I have uploaded the first 20 on YouTube (link) There is another guy who did the same and has them on a web page, but it's not the full collection either. (link)

Edit: For the animations, maybe Zeemis could give you a help. I think he knows how to make them.
Yup, je vien de Quebec la ville Smile Java Ftw
Thx!
So... that would be 1275 different Sfx?Surprised
Meh, guess ill do it. I dont need 100% of them but the problems is to find them. Yeah, if could set the event for me, it would be greatSmile

Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(07-14-2012, 03:25 PM)Daemoth Wrote: So... that would be 1275 different Sfx?Surprised
Meh, guess ill do it. I dont need 100% of them but the problems is to find them. Yeah, if could set the event for me, it would be greatSmile

Now there is about 235 SFX on a possibility of 255 "slots" (0xFF). And yes there is no list unless you check the event dump for notable ones, but even then, you need to find them. I will do an event and upload the ROM with a FAQ tonight so you can change the SFX easily. I will also write how to make a bigger or shorter pause between each so you can modify this too. You will need ZSNES emulator for recording the WAV file. I will post the upload link later in this message.
  Find

Status
None
(07-14-2012, 03:30 PM)Madsiur Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 03:25 PM)Daemoth Wrote: So... that would be 1275 different Sfx?Surprised

Now there is about 235 SFX on a possibility of 255 "slots" (0xFF). And yes there is no list unless you check the event dump for notable ones, but even then, you need to find them. I will do an event and upload the ROM with a FAQ tonight so you can change the SFX easily. I will also write how to make a bigger or shorter pause between each so you can modify this too. You will need ZSNES emulator for recording the WAV file. I will post the upload link later in this message.
Thx mate, its really appreciated. But dont bother about the bigger or shorter pause, ill have to edit it anyway into single file, so it doesnt matter.

Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(07-14-2012, 03:36 PM)Daemoth Wrote: Thx mate, its really appreciated. But dont bother about the bigger or shorter pause, ill have to edit it anyway into single file, so it doesnt matter.

here it is... It's the same ROM I used a while back with a small tutorial txt file. You NEED a pause between each because it include when the SFX is playing. Otherwise they play all at the same time.

Download link
  Find

Status
None
(07-14-2012, 04:02 PM)Madsiur Wrote: here it is... It's the same ROM I used a while back with a small tutorial txt file. You NEED a pause between each because it include when the SFX is playing. Otherwise they play all at the same time.

Download link
I must say im a little bit lost, just downloaded WindHex, i go to ("Goto to Offset") the offset 02E7EE but i cant see the F4 44.

Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(07-14-2012, 05:03 PM)Daemoth Wrote: I must say im a little bit lost, just downloaded WindHex, i go to ("Goto to Offset") the offset 02E7EE but i cant see the F4 44.
Sorry. My mistake... It is 0CE7EE or CCE7EE if you have your offset set to Hi-ROM. Try 0CE7EE first.
  Find

Status
None
(07-14-2012, 05:12 PM)Madsiur Wrote: Sorry. My mistake... It is 0CE7EE or CCE7EE if you have your offset set to Hi-ROM. Try 0CE7EE first.
Ok nice, i found some of them, however for some reasons im unable to see the 2 rightmost lines. And i cant make it bigger, any ideas?

Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(07-14-2012, 05:33 PM)Daemoth Wrote: Ok nice, i found some of them, however for some reasons im unable to see the 2 rightmost lines. And i cant make it bigger, any ideas?

Not sure what you mean.. It should continue on the next line...each line is 16 bytes

Find