Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mystic Quest Reborn / Mystic Quest HardType

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(06-16-2012, 10:58 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: Released: http://www.jce3000gt.com/mqr.php

Thank you.

Wow, I wasn't expecting to find a Mystic Quest editor nor a hardtype patch. This is a dream come true! Thank you so much JCE3000GT! By the way, are you by any chance planing on implementing a way to edit NPC/guest character's equipment (armor)?

In the Defense Against under the Armor tab in the Character Equipment Editor: "Damage Attack" as you called it actually reverse the drain "effect" if paired with the Drain protection on a armor, thus call it Reverse Drain. This protection alone on a armor does nothing from my testing, but if paired with Drain, it will reverse the effect of drain and the enemy will take damage. The character that was attacked by a Drain ability will be healed. Here is the quote that I got when I paired them together: "Vampire's HP was drained instead." So that makes the "Fist" graphic the Reverse Drain icon.

Thanks again for giving the editor, I really appreciate it as well as others.
  Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
(06-18-2012, 10:04 PM)Fenrir Wrote:
(06-16-2012, 10:58 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: Released: http://www.jce3000gt.com/mqr.php

Thank you.

Wow, I wasn't expecting to find a Mystic Quest editor nor a hardtype patch. This is a dream come true! Thank you so much JCE3000GT! By the way, are you by any chance planing on implementing a way to edit NPC/guest character's equipment (armor)?

In the Defense Against under the Armor tab in the Character Equipment Editor: "Damage Attack" as you called it actually reverse the drain "effect" if paired with the Drain protection on a armor, thus call it Reverse Drain. This protection alone on a armor does nothing from my testing, but if paired with Drain, it will reverse the effect of drain and the enemy will take damage. The character that was attacked by a Drain ability will be healed. Here is the quote that I got when I paired them together: "Vampire's HP was drained instead." So that makes the "Fist" graphic the Reverse Drain icon.

Thanks again for giving the editor, I really appreciate it as well as others.

Glad you enjoy it.

And thank you for the research. I can make that change to the attributes you mentioned on the next release. Laugh

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Status
Regen
FYI, this mod will be available to purchase on a real cart complete with a manual, box, and map sometime in July.

Also, I have planned to release a "lite" version at the end of the year that will be less difficult. Laugh

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(06-26-2012, 04:08 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: FYI, this mod will be available to purchase on a real cart complete with a manual, box, and map sometime in July.

Also, I have planned to release a "lite" version at the end of the year that will be less difficult. Laugh

Ohh, no teasers! Show us what the box art will look like!

Status
Regen
(06-26-2012, 04:57 PM)Angelo26 Wrote:
(06-26-2012, 04:08 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: FYI, this mod will be available to purchase on a real cart complete with a manual, box, and map sometime in July.

Ohh, no teasers! Show us what the box art will look like!

It's on the website:
http://www.jce3000gt.com/mqr.php

Status
None
Since you're working with the guys from Timewalk, I hope you can help me with this question...Say that I find a nice copy of FF3 for SNES (a cartridge). I would like to apply several patches/bugfixes to the rom, and then dump this "new version" into that cartridge. What would I need to do this myself?

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-30-2012, 09:42 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: Since you're working with the guys from Timewalk, I hope you can help me with this question...Say that I find a nice copy of FF3 for SNES (a cartridge). I would like to apply several patches/bugfixes to the rom, and then dump this "new version" into that cartridge. What would I need to do this myself?

I don't think you need a FF3 cartridge. It could be any cartridge, unless of course you want to use a FF3 cartridge for the sticker only. I found some fairly good sites about the subject but no tutorial from A to Z. There are YouTube videos about it too. If JCE3000GT can't give you a complete answer, Google is your friend.
  Find

Status
Regen
You need to learn how to solder, buy all the equipment needed, and have lots of practice/patience. As well as some directions on how to do it...

I haven't learned how to do it myself yet. And you could use any ROM that has a battery and is a HiROM, no need to cannibalize an FF3us cart. Most EA sports games have batteries and some are HiROMs.

FYI, College Slam will be most of the Mystic Quest Reborn donors.

Status
Regen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0ADoneD4eM

Works very well on a real cartridge I might add. Laugh

Status
None
I just wanted to check what was the status on the production of your hack into cartridges?

I haven't heard about this for a while now, and then I saw the guys from timewalk games stopped accepting orders...