Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Suggestion: Other Rom Hacks

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Have you finished a non-FF6 Rom hack? Do you have nowhere to share them? Well I have a suggestion for you! Under Hacking Discussion, there could be a sub-fourm called "Other Hacks." Here you could find hacks of games other than Final Fantasy 6. We could also use it to show other custom sprites for those games. If this is in the wrong place you could move it. Please comment on what you think!
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
anything other then FF6 hacking would go in general discussion

also moved this to general discussion

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
You know, I think on this site we should be open to suggestions more so. I've seen it all to often from this type of persons point of view (new person to the site) where you make a suggestion and it gets turned down by everyone in the community (including the mods and admins) because of a bias nature towards new members. I think we should be open to all suggestions, and to be honest looking at his suggestion from an outside view, it seems like a pretty good idea.
I say this because it could attract more people to our site. People won't register to contribute just to hacking some game other than FFVI, we have a huge community. A bit of branching off wouldn't be bad however so I say yet to it.
My vote for this isn't final, so I'll leave it up to the other admins/mods and members.
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Well I haven't made one but I've played a Terra-Celes hack for Final fantasy IV where Terra replaces RosaSad, Celes replaces cecilWink, and Yang is replaced by a Chinese girl Meilin(whose sprite I abslutely love) and Edge is replaced by MogConfused and Kain is replaced by a female elf Azmyth. It has a new storyline in conjunction to the FFVI story. A lot of work was put into it and it is a great hack, and I liked Celes being in a DKnight/Paladin role than in FF6.Wink

I Wish you could have hacking tools for FF4 like you can for FF6 but that's wishful thinking because its difficult to crack its code.

I have made a simple hack of FFIV with a simple tile editor called Tiled2000 but the only simple change I made was to change Child Rydia's sprite over her adult Rydia sprite so she remains a child.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
The slickproductions forum has areas for FF4 and FF5 hackers, besides the usual FF6

http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php

And there's this other website where people hack games and they give action replay codes for their hacks, which is very nice

http://thegshi.org/?s=v2&sys=6&gid=40

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
The only thing about that is that this is website is for FF6 Hacks and adding other hacks would make into more of a multi hack site :p
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(04-25-2011, 05:44 AM)FEOK Wrote: The only thing about that is that this is website is for FF6 Hacks and adding other hacks would make into more of a multi hack site :p

Yeah, I agree, but the thing is no one has hacked FF4 or FF5 before (in this forum). Without a reference point to start (a disassembly bank or an utility) people might go crazy cause they won't figure out what's happening at all in the ROM. This is happening to me with Breath of Fire 2, I'm having a hell of a time figuring out event commands X_X

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
It is quite nice to have a site specifically made for a certain goal; hacking Final Fantasy VI. Is that all that we should devote our time to? I speak from experience when I say that if all I did was hack FFVI I would burn out and not do anything with it, such evidence as I have yet to look at a FFVI ROM or sprite for the past 3 or 4 months.

Adding a new section where people can share their ideals and work of other games (both FF and non-FF based hacks) would be a rather much needed breath of fresh air.

If a vote shall happen, I vote for a new hacking section.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
I dont have anything against the idea but it kinda defeats the purpose of this site being called "ff6hacking.com" just saying

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Status
Runic
i agree, poco. Smile

"Expect an early Winter with lots of snow!" Roan's Snowball Fight move

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheArcadianKnight
I'm a serious Grandia II fan and my all-time favorite character is Roan
  Find