Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Suggestion: Other Rom Hacks

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
In what way does hosting other hacks defeat the main goal of this site? Is it not our main focus hacking Final Fantasy VI? How exactly would that have changed? I don't seem to understand your argument; you say it will defeat the purpose of this site being called ff6hacking if we host other hacks and tools in a single sub-forum while not distracting from the main goal?

If you can articulate exactly how this ideal would detract from our main purpose, please do so, otherwise I stand unconvinced of your position on the matter.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
I think it's a nice idea, the only concern I have would be that there aren't enough knowledgeable people on the site to help with hacking other games (for example, with hex editing or assembly).

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
I have personally always been more of a graphical hacker than a coder, aside from making bosses.
Stages 1,2, and 3. 1 being first, 3 being final.
[Image: imgshk.png][Image: imgshk.png][Image: imgshk.png]
[Image: imgshk.png][Image: imgshk.png]
[Image: imgshk.png]
https://www.ff6hacking.com/misc/imgshk.png

Custom tiles and background in the New Super Mario Bros. on the DS.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
(04-25-2011, 11:33 PM)Sutebenu sempai Wrote: In what way does hosting other hacks defeat the main goal of this site? Is it not our main focus hacking Final Fantasy VI? How exactly would that have changed? I don't seem to understand your argument; you say it will defeat the purpose of this site being called ff6hacking if we host other hacks and tools in a single sub-forum while not distracting from the main goal?

If you can articulate exactly how this ideal would detract from our main purpose, please do so, otherwise I stand unconvinced of your position on the matter.

I never said it was a bad idea @ all, all I said was I see this as a FF6 site only, I never said I had a problem with the idea

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
wish i had hacking abilities then i would be hacking the crap out of ff6 to enhance the hp,mp,exp limiter to give bosses in kefka's tower over 100,000 hp at least. i hear about the 24 bit patch alot but i dont know how that is coming along or does anyone have one they can give out except the cklien guy. just too bad i find out over 2 years later about that oneSad.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Status
Runic
love the new super mario bros. tile hacks, zeemis. Smile

"Expect an early Winter with lots of snow!" Roan's Snowball Fight move

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheArcadianKnight
I'm a serious Grandia II fan and my all-time favorite character is Roan
  Find

Status
Traitor
I personally think we should make a site-wide poll. This site started as a place where I could put my stuff, as well as a database for information. It's grown into something much more than that, and frankly, it'd be rude of me to expand the site without the consent of the other admins opinions and the members of this site. We all have our reasons of why we want/do not want to expand the site for more types of rom hacks. I was intending on allowing anonymous unregistered people vote, however, I know people vote on this site log out of their accounts to get a double or even triple vote. It's fine and I don't frown upon you if you do it, I admit ... I do it too here and there. :p
Go FFIV Ultima!

Anyways, I want this poll that I'm making to be for members only, even if it affects unregistered people.
  Find

Status
None
(04-26-2011, 12:58 AM)Zεεຕใร Wrote: I have personally always been more of a graphical hacker than a coder, aside from making bosses.
Stages 1,2, and 3. 1 being first, 3 being final.
[Image: imgshk.png][Image: imgshk.png]
[Image: imgshk.png]
https://www.ff6hacking.com/misc/imgshk.png

Custom tiles and background in the New Super Mario Bros. on the DS.

Ahh, beautiful work on Romancing Saga 3!! I guess you're an overall expert on graphics hacking :p, so that takes one of the concerns on expanding the rom hacks away

You can probably extend that work to games like Harvest Moon and make the text boxes opaque.

Status
Traitor
I could easily do that, and show others the offsets so they could as well.
That's assume the graphics aren't compressed.

I was beginning a hack on Yuu Yuu Hakusho Final or something (SNES). I found the graphics for all the fighters in YY-Chr, but there were so many it'd be extremely tedious to hack that game.
One very positive aspect with hacking a similar game such as Romancing SaGa (series) is that a lot of the sprites we have in our database are somewhat usable in that series, hence Bartz in the screenshots above.
  Find

Status
None
So once you're familiar with hacking a certain game's graphics, you start thinking about what can you hack in other games and start expanding your knowledge.

I've been doing the same with the little assembly I know, like trying to figure out how the events are coded in breath of fire, and (this next idea is in my mind for now) probably figuring out how the crops work in harvest moon to add new crops. Or maybe add new livestock to the store(sheep, duck). Or add custom events. Or expand the farm to host more animals.

I should have studied computer engineering or something related to videogames, heh.